Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot some 300, 400, 500 metal varmints yesterday. Sold a 700 308 Police Special to a gunsmith friend. He is a retired army armorer. He has everything even a 7 br carry gun and 6-284 lightweight.
John Kruzan bought a 14 twist 6 br 40-xbr from HONEST GEORGE GUN EMPORIUM saturday. it is a beauty and a real buy. Today i am going to help john get started reloading for this gun. He does not have any small rifle primers and if he does not have any 65 v-max i do. George test fired the gun and said it shoots .25 " groups. We may get together with Doc Stone later today and shoot eggs at moonshine range in celina, or metal varmints at the birddog range in greater metropolitan Dixon Springs, tn., located between Hartsville and carthage near Cato, Defeated, Difficult, and Pleasant Shade, tn.
Yesterday, i dusted the 6mm rem. off and shot it a few times. I had not shot it since september when i got my first 6mm br. Lots more blast with that bigger round. Think i like the little br's and dasher's better.
Wet day sunday, but shot between showers. Everyone have a great week and get out and send a few down range!!!!!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning Bird Dog & Doc And Crew!

It's a windy rainy morning here in the Bluegrass this morning, not a good time to be out doing anything much, but still would be a good time not to have to go to work. HA! :) Wake up everyone and have a wonderful day!

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Mornin bd, doc n gang!

Well, except for a possible private pheasant "put-n-take", bird seezin is 'bout over for me...[sigh]. I do so love shotguns (too) and especially a nice cackling rooster bird busting up in front of Buddy Boy...Memories!

Soooo! Time to set my sights on the BBB...Got a little work to do to get the equipment dialed in and some practice shooting in the wind. Can't let dem Range Ratz get too big o' heads (again) this spring. ;)

And, it's about time Mike Jones got de-throned, doancha think??? That would take some doin - I've shot that Salvage of his at PDs, and "it goes where you point it" as well as any gun I've shot! I think a nice distraction would be just the thing...Maybe I could get Ms Goodbody to whisper "sweet nothings" in his ear while he's on the line?:p

Don! I found you a "Speedo" that has your name all over it! :D See whatcha think!?

BTW, gang. I think the ol' RAT would look better in this Speedo than he does in his KY blue thong, what do you think? NOW we know why he lost all that weight...to look "good" at the beach!!

Well, here's hoping we all have a great week! Take time to smell the roses, each and every day.

P.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Good Morning fellows

Glad to see some of ya got out to do some shootin' this weekend.

Now Paul, Paul, Paul..... You're right in that it is time to start pointing towards the BBB and other shoots about that time, BUT...... I'm going to let YOU tell me how Don looks in that Stars 'n Bars Speedo... I'll just trust your judgement.

Well, gotta go down in to the ole reloading Dungeon and aquaint myself with my new baby. ;>) WD

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Ok Pau, Now I KNow !

Well, now I know what a "Speedo" is. :p You can forget it Workman,
not only will you never, never see me in a "Speedo", but, I very, very
seriously doubt that I will have the "need" to wear one either. :p Oh,
by the way, I will get ya, count on it ! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts