Cold and clear 24* here in Middle TN=Dale Hollow Lake
Long roady yesterday and even longer today
hard on us old pharts (to borrow form Don M.) :D
Nurse GB is trying to kill me, I think
Guess John B. and Cliff are eatin' good cajun food= enjoy= as I
know how much John B. can eat ;)
Todd L. aka Trouble is getting into BR shooting
big time as He now has a new switch barrel project
goin' for his Stolle Teddy, 30 BR Mike Rock barrel form Honest George's Gun Emporium another good man gone bad= :D
He caught the disease from me and Birdog
Paul warned us of =the deep dark hole We were
approaching (custom rifles) and we just didn't listen
I love it==
got to pack and sack it
over and out
Doc :)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Aye, Cap'n! I'm UP! Morning to ye doc n ye GGVGers scum! Arrrrh!

A little cool out this mornin - 'bout 6 degrees. Wish we had some of this when pheasant seezin was on...It woulda bunched up da boidies better, and ol Buddy Boy wouldn't get over heated so quick! We've got a dusting of snow - mebby and inch. I was outside workin in Waukegan IL all day yesterday. Never got above 16. Had my Carhart "Arctic" parka w/o the liner (t'wasn't that cold) an' long johns and apparently that was enough. Besides...The cold is our friend up here in da nawth country...Has to be!

Well, I see there is quite a following (of you doc) getting the BR bug!:D I tried ta warn ye 'bout the "Black hole" of custom rifles, but ye wouldn't listen...But, apparently misery loves company, judging by the number of souls you are dragging in to the depths wid ya! :eek: A quick look into my safe, and one cannot help but notice all the shiny stainless steel barrels - a sure sign of having a serious disease! And, far as I know, there's NO CURE! :rolleyes:

I spoze ol' RAT is still sawin' logs. By the looks of him, he's waaaay behind on his beauty sleep! Best let sleeping RATZ lie, I recon.

Well, I just have the paperwork and some invoicing to do today. I'd really rather NOT have to slug it out in single digit weather if possible, so being inside will be nice. I've got the clothes for it, but to operate the test equipment, one has to keep taking the gloves (or mittens) off. A few seconds of exposure to single digit or colder, and fingers get to hurting purdy quick, especially if one is manipulating metal tools at that temp...OUCH!

It's HUMP day! Enjoy!

P.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Doc, Paul, & Tha GGVG Gang

A goooooooooooooooooooood morning to everyone. Cold here in Southern,
Ky this morning. Looks like winter has arrived. But, guess we have been
fortunate in that we have not had the snow & ice like many. Rooster, you
be safe in the cold today. Reckon Murph is still strolling around down in
Flordia basking in the sunshine. Hope each of you has a great day today.
God bless....

Don M.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning GGVGers

A quick look into my safe, and one cannot help but notice all the shiny stainless steel barrels - a sure sign of having a serious disease!
Well Paul, the only cure is to have more of um.:D And that's bad ifin you can't afford em too.:eek: Well top of the morning to ya and a blast of winter has made it's presents known. 23º here and a few flurries and clearing today. I shot some 105 amax's and they show promise. Barrel is almost non-copper after 15 rds. I'm building a new shooting table that's more rigid and retire the old one. Where can I find the adjustable folding legs at? That's what I'd like to use. Ok fellers have a good day and stay warm.

·
Registered
9,367 Posts
Cool here but nuttin' likes youse guys

Couldn't get back to sleep so might as well go in and get 5-6 loads of crush and run delivered to the job site. May just knock off after 9 or so on the clock. Pity that poor ol' Mack with Mr Newbie mixin' as he goes. Told the boss on my check ride yesterday that he needed two BIG magnets in the tranny. The usual low one but also one up high to catch the big chunks as they fly off thusly preventing them from trying to cohabitate the small spaces twixt the bearing surfaces.:eek:

Ya got much wind Paul? Spent a couple fo winters off US 6 on the IN/OHIO line in 78-80 and when that wind whups, it makes a guy want to get in the bottom of the drainage ditch to do his work.:D ;)

Humper it is, so a-humping we will go into the world of work. Y'all be real good today, ya heah?:)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Goooding morning...

... I need all your prayers--- I'm traveling from Georgia back to Kentucky tomorrow and it's COLD UP THERE!!! :D

... ya'll turn2, but only after praying for my warmth :)

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Mornin' all,
A little ice in the hollow, but nothing serious. Not as cold here as up the road in Celina. Thermometer says 31°. But the weather channel says things are gonna moderate, so I can stand a few days of this.
Where's that damn Birddog??

later y'all,
Rick

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I'm building a new shooting table that's more rigid and retire the old one. Where can I find the adjustable folding legs at? That's what I'd like to use. Ok fellers have a good day and stay warm.
Larry Scott, board sponsor, has the legs you want, or he can sell you an entire table - much like what I think you're looking for!

I use a 2x4 foot "banquet" table I bought from Office Max many years ago. It was a ready-made portable table from which many a PD has met his maker - very stabil, is what I'm saying. I think you'll like Larry's table, and they're very reasonably priced too.

P.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
... I need all your prayers--- I'm traveling from Georgia back to Kentucky tomorrow and it's COLD UP THERE!!! :D

... ya'll turn2, but only after praying for my warmth :)
Well, the thermometer says 9 degrees outside right now. But, I'll try to work up a tear for ya...making that trip from GA to dat "cold" KY!:D

P.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Y'know, Doc, it's one thing for grizzled ol' phardts like you and BD to get the shooting bug, but it's just a darned shame that you let a young guy like Todd get infected. And you're a medical man! Couldn't you have let Nurse GB innoculate him or something?

Hope everyone has a good Hump Day. Glad you're inside today, Paul.

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Mornin Boys

Got up late this mornin. Felt good too. Hope all is doing good this mornin. Ain't no cure for your problem Doc. Once that bug gets you the only thing you can do to help is getting to smell all the gunpodwer you can. Helps a little. George has a way to hook you for sure.

Donnie

·
Registered
568 Posts
Not sure what it takes to become a member of the club, but when I see the times that some of you awake(if you ever actually sleep) I am amazed:D . Now I most likely won't get an invitation to join but I'll post this anyway. The cold front of the week finally hit Fla today. The mercury hit 57 degrees for the low and the high is only going to 78 and sunny. Not sure how but I'll suffer through somehow. On a side note I did hear the yotes singing from two different directions yesterday evening and the crows have been flying over in good numbers twice a day all week.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Good Morning Gang

...it is cold in South Louisiana ....got down in the lower 30s last night. I had to make a big pot of GUMBO to keep us warm. I am going to shoot a few arrows today because 3D tournament season is almost upon us. John B has people getting in line for his carpentry skills and I might have found a place for him to shoot a little bench rest down here. -Cliff-

·
Registered
169 Posts
G`mornin to all you old guys.

30 degrees here so`s I slept in til 7. Still dark at 6:30 anyway. Hit a deer last night so will place some bait this morn and then hit a few areas with cat sign we`ve been leaving alone til it snowed so we could pattern what they are doing.

Wet and cold is getting old, but it`s better than working.

I am a man, but I can change,... if I have to......:eek:
(Red Green)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.