4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A goooooooooooooooooooood morning to everyone. A chilly 19* here this
morning. If the weathermans prior forecast holds true, supposed to "really"
get cold the next few nights (as in below zero).:eek: Woke up early this
morning with a good case of indigestion. No more 5 bean soup for me, at
lest for a while. :rolleyes: I guess that my old nemesis still has his spurs
hung up on tha roost pole. Shoooooooooooo ya old phardt.;) Hope each
of you has a great day today. God bless......

Don M.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Cold in Middle TN=

Well alright then=
goin' to pick up new 22 Dasher @ Buck Creek=
callin Don M.- as I need a 80 gr. Berger or Sierra 22 cal bullet
to ck throat.-wondering if He's got either??
Mr. Don,PM me if you see this and advise as this
will save me driving to Nasville and then back to Buck Creek
over and out
Doc:)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning It's Back To Work

After being off for nearly a month getting over surgery, I'm back on today.:( But I guess it's time to get back into the swing. It's cold here too, got my long johns on and they feel rather good! Sure had a good time at the gun show on Saturday, there was a huge crowd which I was glad to see, there hadn't been very many at the last several shows. Wake up and have a great day! :)

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good MOrning Doc

Well alright then=
goin' to pick up new 22 Dasher @ Buck Creek=
callin Don M.- as I need a 80 gr. Berger or Sierra 22 cal bullet
to ck throat.-wondering if He's got either??
Mr. Don,PM me if you see this and advise as this
will save me driving to Nasville and then back to Buck Creek
over and out
Doc:)
Doc, if you go to the Reloaders Bench, call me (606-307-3609).
I need some powder.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Mornin GGVGers!

Mornin yew ol phardt!

It's below zero here, and at the moment the wind is more or less calm. It's that wind that drives the chill factor down (and the propane bill UP!). Yep, I imagine ol' RAT is gonna be wearing his fur-lined loin cloth for the next couple of days. I thought only African-American males could get away wearing furs, but then again seeing Don in his furry loin cloth might be the exception...no?:rolleyes:

Well, look at it this way Don, doc, et al...cold weddah may freeze up the leak at the Wolf Creek Dam??...or mebby not.

Well, "Da Bears" got a pair of horse shoe prints on their butts last night! Local comments center on forming a Lynching party for Rex Grossman. I felt bad for the rest of the team - their share of usual mistakes, but ya don't commit 6 turnovers (that I counted) against an otherwise even (or slightly better) team and expect to come out on top. (Kinda like the BBB...Gotta bring your "A" game, and if you mess up once...well at least the BBQ is good!) Other than the Bears bein' a NFC team, I had no dog in this fight (the Vikings were out of it long before the season ended:( ) Well, I wouldn't want to be Rex getting off the plane...There will be a long gauntlet of "fans" that are always quick (in the past) to express their innermost feelings. (Chicagoans are a lot like New Yorkers in many ways...)

Well, another week begins. Be safe, be warm, and be grateful for our blessings!

P.

·
Premium Member
8,904 Posts
junebug put a whooping on birddog in the wind

Sunday, Junebug and i got to the range at 8:00 and managed to endure the cold and snow. Temps were in the 20's, snow was on the ground, and the wind was whippin first one way then the other. His 7mm wsm had little trouble making hits on the 336 yd eggs. shooting 162, 168, and 180 bullets. finally late in the day i managed to hit two eggs in a row with my 30 br with 125 bergers. we shot some metal at 500 yd. also. my 87 gr 6br never could get on an egg. I need a fast twist shooting 105's or 107's. Maybe soon. can't wait to see doc's 22'dasher on the long range eggs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Good morning Don and all GGVG'ers

ginna warm up a little here today. It's already 3 above at 6 bells so it might get all the way up to 10 ar better today! No wind so far so that helps. I have a question for you guys---what so you use in the chamber of you rifles during storage? A chamber plug? or what if anything. Thanks for your replies and ya'll have a great day!

Jim

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
-12.2 degrees with stiff breeze here near Saginaw Bay USA. I'll have to wear a long sleeve shirt to work today. :D

I got last of my 22 Hornet ammo loaded yesterday. 40gr Nosler BT over 10gr of IMR 4227 makes a mess of small critters.

I'm not sure how I managed to go through 12lbs of H335 & 10,000 CCI small rifle primers in less than a year but at least the ammo locker is full of .223. I'm looking forward to a busy prairie dog shoot this summer.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good Morning Jim

ginna warm up a little here today. It's already 3 above at 6 bells so it might get all the way up to 10 ar better today! No wind so far so that helps. I have a question for you guys---what so you use in the chamber of you rifles during storage? A chamber plug? or what if anything. Thanks for your replies and ya'll have a great day!

Jim
I do not use a chamber plug. Just a light coat of oil in both the chamber &
bore does the job for me. Best to store in a gun cabinet/safe out of the
dust that is in everyone's home.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Goood morning..

.. going to be a nice winter day here for SKIING ???

... Darn Libbys, first they banned industrial and now this- ANTI GLOBAL WARMING

:D
:D

ya'' turn2

·
Registered
698 Posts
Good Morning Gang

I just got back in from Florida last night. I made the trip over there just in time to drive through the terrible weather. After Thursday night, the weather was fine.....on Friday we wore short sleeves with a temp hanging around 68 degrees but we were in thermals all day Saturday and Sunday. I Hope all o yall have a wonderful day. -Cliff-

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Good Mid Morning All

Just got this computer going . Guess I'm going to go shopping for a new computer today. This one is so slow, if I cake the case off and the power supply out and put two house fans on it it will work very slow . I think that when the little fan quit working it did something to the hard drive.
So you all have a good day, Art

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.