Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm first again. Maybe need to get some sleepy pills to keep me under a little while longer. Rain is on the way so we'll do the inside jobs today. Everyone have a good day.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Mornin' James n GGVGers!

Ok I'm first again. Maybe need to get some sleepy pills to keep me under a little while longer. Rain is on the way so we'll do the inside jobs today. Everyone have a good day.
I wuz missin in action (the board) yesterday morning - got a chance to go on an unexpected "cleanup" pheasant hunt at the Des Plaines Conservation Area. Got rained out, but not before I had a fair chance to put one in the bag...But, somehow managed NOT to!

Buddy Boy's tail was waggin, nose to the ground, a couple quick U turns & circles, and then coming my way. I get ready...THAR SHE BLOWS! A nice hen (roosters AND hens can be shot on the DPCA cleanup hunts) jumps up only 10 yards out and angling to my left. Oh!...This bird is in the BAG!! So, I did one of those lifting my head as I pulled the trigger tricks (this is what happens when I get too many in a row w/o missing - cocky...over-confident, stoooopid!). I was practically astonished at not even cutting a feather...so much so, I had to pull the trigger again with my head (up my arse) to prove I could screw up twice in a row!! I got one of those well deserved "looks" from Buddy to confirm what I already knew...[sigh]. I would hate to end the season on a miss. They're continuing these "cleanup" hunts thru Sunday, so there is a chance I might give it one more try. We'll see.

TGIF!! Hope everyone is easing back into the grind again. Some are looking forward to MLK day on the 15th to break up January a little before the long haul to Memorial day. So you see...the BBB coming two weeks before the Memorial Day w/e is like a holiday to some. There's your excuse to have an early holiday. So, while putting in for your vacation time, don't forget to leave yourself the Friday two weeks before Memorial Day for the BBB!:D

Wakey Wakey, U ol RAT!!!

P.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Good AM gang of Varminteers=

Well alright then=
Pouring Rain in Middle TN=looks like a rainy
journey for me today=going to Southern Cumberland
Plateau-=Monteagle,TN=up on the mountain
Looks like shooting is on hold for a few more days
hard on the psyche= :D
hope everyone traveling
will be safe today
over and out
Doc :)
PS- James-keep us updated on the 6BR

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A classic story as only Paul can tell it.:D Yea I've done that on a few ghogs and it h'ant no fun to have your ego nipped like that...twice! even.:D :D

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is still under construction. Getting down to the last turn though!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning James And Crew!

Good rainy Monday to you all! It has rained all night long here and is suppose to all day today as well. Paul that's a good story even though it's a sad one, there wiill be another day to make up for it! :) Wake up folks and have a great day! :) :D

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good rainy Monday to you all! It has rained all night long here and is suppose to all day today as well. Paul that's a good story even though it's a sad one, there wiill be another day to make up for it! :) Wake up folks and have a great day! :) :D
Wake up Kenny. FRIDAY MORNING FRIDAY>:D

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Good morning All

James , I tried to call you yesterday. Had to bitch to someone I gggooooofffed up my first barrel yesterday with a rented 22BR reaamer and I know better than that. The only good thing about it was a old shot out barrel that I thought I could some more life out of. Oh--well guess not.

Well I going to the RBA winter indoor shoot today, I should stay away if I don't want to spend more money but I just can't help my self , Just keep looking at 22 rimfire BR rifles.

All have a good day, Art

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry I missed your call Art...and sorry bout the barrel. Hey back it up and go again. If there's enough barrel.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
morning everybody!

here it is the first friday of the year, I didn't think it would ever get here. This has been the longest week. Kinda sucks though it's lookin like I'll be workin saturday too. That cuts into my killin time, Oh well time and a half helps on powder. c-yall

·
Registered
446 Posts
Morning..

Ya'll turn2

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Good morning all, looks like a soggy Friday her in SWV but temps in the upper 50's, not to bad for Jan. 5 th. Have a great day in your neck of the woods today. God Bless,
Joe

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Rain in the hollow this AM. Woulda been a good one to stay in bed, but gotta get those paychecks on the road and send some smell good to FL.
Y'all be careful out there.

Rick
(Paul, those kerosene rags around my ankles are because my mooma fed me so many turnip greens when I was a kid, she had to do something to keep the cut worms away)

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning James & GGVG Friends

A gooooooooooooood morning to everyone from a wet & soggy Southern,
Ky. 60.9 degrees here and going up to around 67 today. I can handle them
temps for January. Loooks like a lot of "Tha Gang" beat me up this morning.
I felt like snoozin. :D Sure enjoyed Paul's hunt story. Just hope he has a
whole bunch of "pheasant varmints" to bring down for me to enjoy during
the BBB. :D I see that "Tha Poor Old Farmer" is missing this morning. Guess
he is still collecting cans for his "Southern Tour". :D Looks like Doc is off on
one of his trips with Nurse Goodbody today. "Tha Bird Dog" is missing in
action ! Now, that is very unusual. Hope each of you has a great day today.
Walk today with the assurance that God will walk with you if you just ask
him. God bless....

Don M.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Well, the unusually warm winter is staying the course here in Kentucky. It's 61 degrees this morning, the fifth of January. I'm sure not complaining, though.

Hope everyone has a good day and a better weekend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts