4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well alright then=
Another good shoot out @ the Buck Creek Corral Yesterday
We had a good winter turn out yesterday and shot out of the
inside shooter's building= sure felt good out of the biting cold wind
All the regulars such as Mr. Jim Campbell gave us Rookies a primer
in wind shooting 101 as He won the match w/ a score of 250-19x's
I think that was winning score=I picked up GeorgeinKY after staying lost for an hour(barely made the shoot) I'm senile what else can I say=
Jr in KY brought another yote by and had on his good luck BIG ORANGE CAP
also had his charming wife (a rose among the thorns)
Todd L. aka Trouble shot his debut but I managed to screw him up as I loaned him my 30 cal cleaning rod for his 25 BR(just didn't work too good)
as it hung up and we had to use liguid graphite to free it and it took
the rest of match for his rifle to settle back in=
Don M., Joe C., and Mrs C., John B.,Danny H., Bob P., Jim C., Jackie S., George C., Todd L., and others made this another great day in The Paradise of the Shooting World
We all missed the Ole Birdog not being there=everyone asked where He was=
working as usual but I think He'll get all Saturdays off now
Enjoyed seeing all old friends as These shooters are the best Varmnt for score shooters anywhere
over and out
Doc:)

·
Premium Member
8,904 Posts
good morning varminters---

Just came up out of reloading room to check the morning show. looks like a great time at bbbuck creek yesterday. Ole doc got second place which is very good in that crowd at Whetstone, ky. He scored something like 250 -13x. Good going doc. Doc shoots better when i am there to coach him and settle his nerves. Also, i have to push him a little since he is so shy. Sort of like Jr of Ky. I don't understand why doc turned down a coyote burger from Jr. It was fresh kill.
I mentioned to doc that he needs a Lap Top and mobil internet so he can post on the board while he is on his road trips doing mobile denistry. He is a little behind in the technology dept. Would someone please explain to him what a lap top is. He said "but i've got Nurse Goodbody". Nurse gooodbody is a nice lap top but doc i was referring to a computer.
Junebug brought a 4' x 4' 1/4" piece of steel over to the birddog range yesterday to use as sighter. Today i think we are going after a 3' x 5' x 1/2inch piece. Got to get back to reloading. finished 6 br and 30 br. Now i need to load some 6 x 284. Have a great day

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Doc, Bird Dog & GGVG Freinds

A gooooooooooooooooooooood morning to everyone. 33.8 degrees here
in Southern, Ky this morning. I haven't been out yet, but looks like we may ahve missed the snow/ice last night. Sure had a good time shooting with
"Tha Gang" yesterday at "The Buck Range & Shooting Emporium". Didn't get
a good zero before we started shooting for record and dropped a point on
the first two shots, did much better after that, but, you are not gonna beat
that crew dropping points I promise you. Shot a 249, 17X. That one shot
really hurt me. A 250 & 17X would have placed. Anyhow, sure a fun bunch
to shoot with. Mr. Campbell had his usual game on. Sure missed "Tha Bird
Dog". Guess if you shoot all week, then you gotta work on the weekends.
;) I see that my "fine feathered friend" is still a snoozin.:p Guess he is still
recouping from all that "inspiration" to write poetry. :eek: Hope each of you
has a great Sabbath Day. Attend the church of your choice, God will bless
you.:D

Don M.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Sounds like too much fun, doc!

Morning GGVGers! Looks to me that the RANGE RATZ has spread into TN for sure! I live on one, so I guess I can't say too much 'bout that tho. Sure sounds like a lot of fun. Too bad, bd...I know you would have liked to have made it.

We've got a new inch of snow, and it's still comin' down pretty good. Might be worth it to do a little scoutin' and see what critters paint their feet on the new canvas!

I see my nemeses, the ol' RAT is still snoorin'. Lawd knows he needs his beauty sleep!

Well, the air if filled with the aroma of fresh Columbian Supremo. Course it won't hold a candle to a good pot of Community Coffee, but I'm tryin' ta work a deal w/ Cliff S. on that! (Something about neck turning his 204 brass fer him!)

Y'all have a goodn, and don't forget to thank Him for making all things possible.

P.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Don, yew want some cheese to go with that whine??? LOL!

I'm UP yew ol Rat!! I was postin while you were whinin' bout your shooting. But, I hear ya. That group shows no mercy when it comes to shootin. The bigger they are, the harder they fall, tho. So, I guess that's why you took off all that weight, soze when you take another big fall at the BBB it won't hurt so bad, huh? Oh, yeah...We know all about that! :)

But, I luvz ya anyway, bro!

P.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Good Morning GGVG

Forcast mix rain & sleet here today , guess I'll go get some winter storm food today.
I had a pretty good day at the match yesterday, shot a 250-12X got beat by
Randy with a 250-13X, guess I need a 30BR , like that would help.( Like the poor dirt farmer I need more money maybe I'll have to start picking up beer cans).
Have a good day. Art

·
Registered
693 Posts
fresh snow falling in Omaha

I'm guessing 6" of fluffy snow overnight, it started Saturday evening and continued overnight. It's still coming down, but not very hard. Looks to be "broom" snow - vs "shovel" snow. I can clean my drive by sweeping with a shop broom and finish in 15 minutes or so...

I ventured out in it yesterday, went to the outdoor show in Council Bluffs. Had a chance to visit with Randy Anderson for several minutes. He's a class act. His infliction with killing coyotes makes ours look pale in comparison. He held court during a one hour seminar - confirmed some of the things I already knew - he really focuses on howling them in now. More of a territorial response than a hunger thing (distress calls). I picked up a copy of his latest CD, but couldn't stay awake to watch it.

-niv

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Ok, Ya Old Phardt

Don, yew want some cheese to go with that whine??? LOL!

I'm UP yew ol Rat!! I was postin while you were whinin' bout your shooting. But, I hear ya. That group shows no mercy when it comes to shootin. The bigger they are, the harder they fall, tho. So, I guess that's why you took off all that weight, soze when you take another big fall at the BBB it won't hurt so bad, huh? Oh, yeah...We know all about that! :)

But, I luvz ya anyway, bro!

P.
I may well fall at the BBB, but, I will have at least had plenty of "trigger
time" before the shoot this year, and be prepared. Just remember the age
old parable about the sun & tha dogs dierrie. ;)

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning GGVGers

Sounds like the Buck Cr. match went well. It's still hard for me to believe there is nothing going on round here like that. Got to windy to shoot the ladder test so first calm day and I'll do that. Yep Don I think we are gonna miss the nasty stuff here too. Paul we are still waiting for some more words of inspiration.;) when ya get to feeling up to it.:D Lordy everybody have a good day. TTFN

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning Gang!

Good morning! Looks like a lot of a folks are stirring this morning, sure wish I could have made the shoot yesterday at Buck Creek, still pretty sore after my operation, but getting better. :) We are getting just rain this morning at my house, it's ice and snow other places, I guess us that live further South won't get the icy stuff. :mad: Take care everyone and have a great day! :)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Good Morning All, Big cahnge at Barren River Lake, rain,rain. I must say the pics of that shoot looked pretty comfortable. Have a good day.
Mike F.:)

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Well, I'm glad to hear you kept your finger outta your ... well ... you know, this time around at Buck Creek. Placing 2nd behind Mr. Jim Campbell is a pretty good place to be, I'll tell ya that. Sure wish I could have been there as I've never shot out of that "clubhouse."

Your story about Todd and the cleaning rod kinda reminds me of last fall's Top Gun. Mike Criswell ran a rod into Patty's big gun (the boomer she bought off Murph) and apparently double-patched it because that baby went maybe halfway in and stuck tight as a tick. Mike asked for my little sledge to tap it out and that's when Patty looked over our way. Whew, talk about a woman moving fast! :D She was not a real happy camper. :mad:

We've got ice this morning, so it'll be a slow crawl in to church. Everyone be real careful out there.

·
Registered
411 Posts
well today I can stop working onthe ark!

WE HAVE HAD 9" OF RAIN SO FAR THIS YEAR. I HATE TO COMAPLAIN BUT 1 DRY DAY WOULD BE NICE AND THE BONUS IS IT IS ABOVE FREEZING SHOULD MAKE ALMOST 45 TODAY ...... WOOOHOO!

I GUESS I COULD MOW THE WET DEAD GRASS TO GET THE WIFEY OFF MY BACK!
I should have built a larger ark so I would not have so much to mow.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Rain in tha hollow this AM. Spent a good part of yesterday at the Gallatin range looking for the best powder/bullet for my 250 Savage AI. May have found the right combination, but it will be a few days before I can give it another go.

Today is paperwork and maybe some TV time this afternoon with the payoffs going on. Y'all stay warm & dry.

Rick

·
Administrator
1,552 Posts
Supposed to hit 55 here today...

May be the last chance to hit the range for a couple months as Texas weather gets predictably lousy only on weekends here until around May.

·
Registered
423 Posts
WOW!!! 9" of rain???

I think we had only 11" last YEAR! We do have an inch or so of new snow this AM....light breeze from the North and 26 F.
I'm feeling better.think i'll actually try to ACCOMPLISH something today!:)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mornin' Critter Getters.....

Currently 37 degrees and looks as if the rain has stopped. We dodged the bullet last night, the BIG second wave of crunching weather skirted to the West and North of us. Thank goodness for small miracles.:)

Still unpacking my reloading stuff out of storage. Brass looks humble but is cleaning up nicely in the tumbler. Cannot locate my Chrony or Triggger Pull Gauge, but this is only a good excuse to buy new ones.:D

Sure wish the wife would hit the lottery. So many guns, so little money.

Have a good one.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.