Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well alright then=
making the trip this AM to Buck Creek
to Honest George's Gun Emporium and The Champ's Place(Jackie S.)
to stir the Gun Making soup=
Ole Birdog is working his last Saturday sentence for a long time
I hope so He can make these trips w/ me.
The Tennessee Tribe continues to upgrade our junky arsenal
stealing from the Range Rats (both their guns and ideas):D
Mr Don, I'm hoping to stop @ the Sommerset Gun Show on the way home.
maybe I'll see ya (hope so)
Cold 16* here this morning=
this Wolfe Creek Dam thing sounds worse all the time :(
have a Super wkend
over and out
Doc
PS John B.- you got a PM @ Cliff's

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning & Happy Birthday To Me!

Yes it's my birthday today, I wont say how old hold but I will give you al a hint, I was born in the middle 50's! HA! :) The DougH and maybe the K-9 Krippler are a going to the gun show in Somerset this morning and hook up with ole DonM and then this afternoon maybe get out and put the cross hairs on a varmint of some kind, now that would be a good present! Take care and have a great day!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning

Top of the morning to ya and a big ole Howdy from chilly frosty WNC. Not much shooting going on as the wind and cold have been a factor here. Hoping to soon though or I'll never get it done before May rolls around and that won't be long. Doc you must be making a Stuff run to KY. Take something with plenty of room so you can get more in.;) Kenny, Happy Birthday and a lot more of um. Hey I was borne almost in the "middle" of 55 so mine is still a ways to go yet well not to long it's the Sunday before the BBB!!!!! Guys have a good day today.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
We hope you get "some" tonight..
We hope you get "some" tonight!
We hope you get "some" - cake n icecream!
We hope you get "some" tonight!

Happy Bday, yew ol phardt!

P.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Morning gang! a cool 11 degrees, but NO WIND, thank goodness (that makes a big difference to the ol heating bill!

RE Wolf Creek Dam, I'm sure those in harms way know this site well, but I found this dedicated Corp of Engineers site quite interesting. The dam is sitting on limestone, and we know from all the caves in the world what happens when water flows thru limbstone:( ...

http://www.lrn.usace.army.mil/pao/issues/WOLcommo/index.htm

Figgered out what was ailing my Oehler 35P; a combination of no less than 3 items ganged up to give me the impression that the unit had inexplicably died. As it turns out, nuttin' serious was wrong - it was just the combinations together that frustrated the cursory attempts to remedy it before. Works like a champ again!

I got to the bottom of the N560 over 60 gn blts. The Swift shot great little groups, but alas at .223 velocities using almost double the powder...Not good. Like I told some folks...I don't know what dem boyz in CO is smoking in their 220 Swifts, but it ain't N560! The same load s/w that predicted 3400 fps for the N560 also predicts 3700+ for N550 under the 60s. (I'll post a balistics comparision in the Reloading section in a little bit, case anyone is interested.)

Well, enjoy the w/e! Put the hairs on some hair!

P.

·
Premium Member
8,904 Posts
team tenn. pre super bowl practice session

Team Tenn. will hold a practice session and 400 yd. egg whacking session Sunday morning at the birdog range. Junebug is in and hope Super Doc , Greyfox, John Kruzan, etc. can make it.
Super Doc, you have a PM (personal message) about a certain 40-x

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Doc & GGVG Friends

A gooooooooooooooooood morning to everyone from a cooooooooooooooooool
Southern, KY. 19* here now and don't know what the low was for last night.
Hey Doc, if Bird Dog & tha Tennessee Gang shoots tomorrow, all I gotta say
is you are some kinda tough. Happy Birthday Ken. Hope to see you in about 2
hours at the Somerset, KY Gun Show. Hey James, you & Ken are just pups, wait
until you get Social Security Age. Les "Tha Old Grey Rooster" think I am mad at
him, "shoooooooooooooo ya old phardt". Hope each of you has a good day. God
Bless.......

Don M.

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Mornin Boys

Happy BD Kenny. Hope all is well with everybody. That Tn. team is going to be shot out by the time May rolls around.{HAHA} Them boys are going to be tough. Looks like we are going to have to come up with some kind of distractions or something. Like shooting 50 yrds. or at moving targets. You all have a good'en.

Donie and the gang

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Morning Kermit

Happy BD Kenny. Hope all is well with everybody. That Tn. team is going to be shot out by the time May rolls around.{HAHA} Them boys are going to be tough. Looks like we are going to have to come up with some kind of distractions or something. Like shooting 50 yrds. or at moving targets. You all have a good'en.

Donie and the gang
All we got to do is to talk Nurse Goodbody into coming to the shoot and
"Old Doc" couldn't hit a 5 gallon bucket at 100 yards. ;)

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Happy birthday Kenny, ya old phardt. My step daughter had her birthday yesterday, but she's a bit younger than you.

Rick
Most people ARE younger than KU...the ol' phardt!:D

P.

·
Registered
446 Posts
HAPPY BRITHDAY, "KENNYU" !

.. ya'll have a good one

.. as you can see it just too hot here to do anything

:D
:D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Good Morning all and Happy B'day Kenny U

Global warming my cold back side!!! It is about 5* with a 10-15mph west wind here. That has to equate to something like -20* wind chill. So shootin' today just ain't in the program.

Happy Birthday Kenny, hope you get to have a big ole bowl of ice cream and some angel food cake for all the good deeds you've done over the last year(s).

Hope everyone has a good one and stays warm and safe this weekend. ;) WD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.