Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I see some of us are having fun exploring "the new house".:) It's sorta like we're all wandering around looking at different rooms, and calling out, "Hey, lookie here!"

This is about identical to the "vette" board, so as you might guess, it feels pretty familiar. This format will lend a LOT to technical topic threads - it will stay "on top" long enough to flesh a topic out before it fades back into oblivion.

I think we'll get used to it eventually. It has a lot of very nice features; especially the text and edit features are nice to have. (It reminds me of the difference between the old "green screen" computer monitors that first came out:rolleyes: compared to full color monitors we take for granted today.)

This will be good.:) My profuse thanks to Mike and John for this board and all the hard work they do to make this medium possible for all of us to share.

Have a good un, muh friends!:D

P.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning Paul And Everyone!

This sure is different, guess it will just take a while to get use to it. Wake up everyone and have a great Sunday!!

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of features, to be sure!

However, if nothing else, it will prolly prompt me to get a satellite connection, if nothing else will. Dial-up so sucks, especially with these new formats!!

Good to see ya here, Kenny! I wonder how long it will take that ol' RAT to figure it out soze he can log on and defend hisself from my tirade of insults to 'im? :D

P.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Rat

I was waiting to see if him and the usual ratz would be on here. I am trying to figure out how to post pics keeping in mind the help you gave me a while back, guess you would still have to use a picture hosting site? Take care Paul!

·
Banned
1,296 Posts
Paul:

Did you try the "Threaded Mode" to address your concern yesterday that all pictures would open at one time and be extremely slow with dial-up?

It should save you dial uppers some time and gives a look similar to the old board for those who wanted that retained.

-BCB

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paul:

Did you try the "Threaded Mode" to address your concern yesterday that all pictures would open at one time and be extremely slow with dial-up?

It should save you dial uppers some time and gives a look similar to the old board for those who wanted that retained.

-BCB
I found it, but haven't played with it yet. I hope I'm wrong, but I believe it is a "take one, take all" sort of thing, i.e., either all the pictures in the thread are downloaded, or none. The issue is if there are say, 10 pictures posted by one or more individuals in a thread, the s/w downloads them ALL simultaneously. Add to that posters that do not resize their images before posting them, or post them in high resolution...and I have to click on it and go make coffee, take a shower...or skip it.

The world is migrating to high speed. Unfortunately, in my "hood" folks are still abuzz about running water and indoor toilets!! :rolleyes: I'll have to put up with it until DSL is available, or I can spring for the $$$ for a satellite link....[sigh].

P.

·
Banned
1,296 Posts
Those were dial-up issue on the old server, too.

Good luck......

-BCB

·
Registered
928 Posts
I am sure everyone will get accustomed to and like this newer format. I know Mike and John preferred not to make the change if it could have been avoided, but sometimes it works out for the best.
Nice work fellas,
I for one like it.
Happy Holidays
Ken

1 - 8 of 8 Posts