Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost 72º yesterday and bugs flying everywhere felt like spring. I think cooler weather is on the way. Wake up crew and get sum coffee I just heard mine say it's done. Have a good Sunday and take care.Doc still waiting on the stock man...he sure is slow.:)

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Good Sunday Morning All

I just went out to get the paper in my PJ's and its nice here . If this keeps I'll have to mow soon .
All have a good day ,,, Art

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning James, Art & GGVG Friends

A goooooooooooooooood morning to everyone from beautiful Lake Cumberland
and Southern, Ky. 44.4 degrees here this morning but cooler weather on the
way. Maybe snow Tuesday. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:eek: Well, this is just unbelievable
both of the Tennessee Robots are MIA. :confused: Bird Dog has been MIA for
the last two mornings (I hear he is having to work) and now Doc is MIA. I
reckon that "Tha OLd Grey Rooster" is still recovering from PHeasant Varmint
Season. Probably relaxing with a large tube of Ben Gay.;) MLM is present and
accounted for this morning. He & Pat pulled in yesterday afternoon in a very
huge beautiful motor home. We had a great dinner last night and MIke & Pat
retired to their motor home. So far this morning he hasn't crawled out. I have
the coffee brewing so guess he will smell that and come running soon. But,
that still doesn't answer the question as to where the rest of the gang is this
morning. Guess they are still a snoozin. Hope each of you has a good Sabbath
Day. Attend the church of your choice with yoru family. God will bless you.:D

Don M.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
don, bring mlm down to Celina and bring guns

Love to shoot with you two guys today. Tell mlm to take the Celina route to his next stop in Knoxville. Been in reloading room since 4:00 a.m. What's up with doc this morning. greyfox may come up today and bring some of those off the wall wildcats that only you and he know about. Getting anxious to go doggins. May have to go in March this year for my birthday.
I need to meet Mike anyway. I might have a diesel tank but know two inch siphon tube. You two come on over

·
Registered
698 Posts
Good Morning Gang

...we have rain on the way again in South Louisiana. At least when we get past this, we will get some cooler weather.......been running the air conditioner for a few days now.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Mornin Cliff! Didja figger out how to measure a group yet? :eek: (Or, were there too many cooks in the kitchen??:D )

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Mornin James, Don, pigpen, Art, bd, Cliff n gang!

More like winter here today and for the next few days. Hey...ANYTIME I don't have to burn propane at $1.88/gal is a GOOD day!

Don, U R right about the Ben Gay! It is amazing how the decades take a toll on the ol' bones - a day or two of hard hunting will lay me up for a day or two to recover. Not like the old days...work all week and hunt all w/e!

Hoping y'all have a great week. Let us not forget to count our blessings and He who makes all things possible!

P.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning GGVG Friends !

Good Morning to everyone! :) It's spring like weather here with rain on the way again:( but I guess that will be alright too! :) I have to have an operation done on Thursday, nothing serious, but I sure will be glad to get it over with. The Doc say's I have a hernia that needs to be fixed. So keep me in your thoughts and prayers! Take care and have a great day today!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Good Mornin' all, it was 73* here yesterday, gotta front coming in later this PM with rain and cooler temps. I went fishing in the afternoon after having watched Roland Martin and Ray Scott catch Hawgs on Ray's lake. I took the LVSF 22-250 in case I saw anything moving around. Had a great time fishing, but no targets presented themselves. It was just too pretty of a day to be inside. It was also the last day of deer season, so maybe I can do some scouting and get into a groove for doing some coyote hunting. Everyone have a great day! Sam

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good Sunday morning all, cooler weather on the way, up around 60* yesterday. Have a great day, take the family to church and Sunday School today. God Bless,
Joe

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
Hey y'all...
Decided to take a pass on the last day of deer season. Got four in the freezer and the only reason I would have gone would have been to get some horns. But you can't eat them horns anyway and I've got other stuff to do. Might shoot some with Birddog and I think I'll smoke some chickens to feed my buddy John Beauchamp who's passin' through on the way to Cliff Schrader's place in the swamps.

Rick (in the graveyard hollow)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Good morninging..

it's rainy here in NE Georgia, but warm. I'll take it!

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
Top o' the Mornin' to Everyone

Looks like rain here to day off and on. Had a batch two nights ago so things are a tad sloppy. Very warm though.

Yeah, I hear you guys abt the bod needing time to recuperate after some heavier thatn usual activity. After 48+ in 4 days toting Pepsi's and Coke, it is usually late Sat or Sun before I feel like I am rested.

Kenny: That little hernia thing is just that, Leetle. Two years back, the Doc told me he had good news and bad news. Bad news was that I had two, good news was that he could do them both at same time, saving $$ and two recoveries. After all said and done, he had attended to three. So I am Kevlarred from one side to the other.

Outpatient is the way you are going I am sure, first 48 hrs may be a little on the rough side, but really just a matter of the clock ticking and you will be back att'em with a vengeance. Expect to hear from you end of next weekend for sure. You just won't be able to tote your favor rite long gun for a bit.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
A Late Good Morning to ya

LOTS of frost up this way this morning and due to turn to winter like here in the next few days.

Don, did you hear any "coyote" howls last evening? One thing for sure ya better check that diesel feul supply before you need it. If ole MLM spent the night he could have yours and all the neighbors' tanks emptied. Tell the ole boy and Patti that I said hello.

If there is anything anyone of ya needs in the way of brass, bullets, dies, etc for a 6ppc lemme know. I've got to inventory all that I hauled home yesterday in a "Package" deal then I'll post all the excess in the Classifieds.

Have a good one and remember what the day is for. WD

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Good Belated AM=

Well alright then=
I think my sweet wife has slipped the ole Grey
haired Doc a Mickey=I slept until 7:00AM
Good to hear all is well on all the various fronts=
this forum is like an extended family=I luv it
Got to talk to Birdog as to if'n we're shootin' today=
very thankful for the blessings I've been given
over and out
Doc :)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Mornin all, rainy and cool at Barren River Lake KY, rest day after annual Mississippi hunting trip,rain,rain,rain. Good to see long time friends.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Hey BirdDog

Love to shoot with you two guys today. Tell mlm to take the Celina route to his next stop in Knoxville. Been in reloading room since 4:00 a.m. What's up with doc this morning. greyfox may come up today and bring some of those off the wall wildcats that only you and he know about. Getting anxious to go doggins. May have to go in March this year for my birthday.
I need to meet Mike anyway. I might have a diesel tank but know two inch siphon tube. You two come on over
Murph left around 9:30 this morning. No way I can shoot today, and now
tomorrow looks iffy !:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts