Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been looking for a good used Rock Chucker for a long time. I wore out a mouse clicking on E-bay to no avail. Picked one up yesterday at a little gun shop in Weston, W V. for 40.00. I'm a happy man! Had some light surface rust on the handle but the ram was clean. After about 30 minutes it looks almost new.
There was one little mishap in buying it. The sales man went to pick it up and the handle went down. You all know what happens when the handle goes down,--the ram came up--and bit him on the finger. I had to snigger a bit under my breath of course. I think he was mad at it then. Hollered fourty dollars out the door. I hollered sold and paid the man. End of story.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just refinished an old RCBS JR2 a few days ago. The body had some paint missing and some rust, handle was rusty, but the ram was just dirty. I bead blasted the parts I could, put a clear coat on the handle, Flitzed the ram, and did the body in dark OD krylon. Looks as good as new. It's not a Rockchucker, but it was free...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Tobias, how is the wife of your neighbor doing?

And another question for you. Do you know anything about how to adjust a "Jard" trigger on an AR? I'm having a little trouble with mine and might need a little help. Kids visit ends Wed morning when they leave for Denver! Man it's been good having the baby home for Christmas. First time in three years they've made it home for Christmas. Sure gonna hate to see em leave again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts