got a short Roady today- so
Life is good -very thankful
over and out
Doc :)

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning

Doc you guys are so lucky to have a place to shoot. I went yesterday to shoot the ladder and the ground was froze early and "unfroze"aka thawed when it wuz time to go. Of course I had to go by the car wash and get the worst off. The wind was blowing some so I'm not real confident in the test. If the weather will calm down I'll try again. I'm getting use to a new rifle too and shooting from a rest... may go back to sand bags. Well I think the weatherman has blown it again...calling for 3" of snow and the stars are shining!! It would be nice to get paid for doing a job that it doesn't matter if you do it right or not.:rolleyes: Have a good day guys WAKE UP

·
Registered
357 Posts
Good morning, supposed to be painting the house today

but it's raining. Do you think I'll get any wetter doing the pressure washing today?? ;) I guess I picked the wrong week to take off of work.

Good thing is, I'm still getting paid to play on the computer.:)

Time to give Todd Kindler a call.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Mornin Doc and James, Up earlier than usual for me. Calm,Quite at Barren River Lake. Another day looking for new career.Starting to get the impression the age thing may really be an issue.:eek: Only 49 yrs young,this dog can learn new tricks:) Have a good one.
Mike F.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning Everyone!

And a very good Thrusday morning to ya all! It's going to be cold today and colder tonight, in the teens for in the morning Brrrrrrr!:eek: Sounds like ole Doc has been getting in some good shootin, I need to come visit them sometime at the Moonshine Mtn range, sounds like the place to be! Wake up everyone and have a great day!:)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Goood morning..

.. well meet my work deadline, praise the Lord! I'm up early my daughter is sick with a nasty ear/throat infection and feeling pretty rough.

Katie needs your prayers, thanks.

Oh almost forgot- ya'll turn2 :D

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Mornin varmints!!

I see the 'Breakfast Club' is assembling for another charge at life! That B good! The Columbian Supremo/French Roast is in the pot. It ain't Community Coffee like the kind ol' Cliff S gets every day, but it ain't at all bad, neither. So, hep yoseff!!

15 degrees out an supposed to be up to 'bout 25 for a high. Yep...Winter routine, I recon! Too windy to do load development, and I've got lots of that I'd like to be a doin'. I want to put some polish on the Dasher, and check out that N560 load for the 220 Swift that is supposed to be the bane of PDs!

Speaking of banes, I see the ol' RAT is still a snoozin'. WAKE UP U OL PHARDT!!!:D

Well, this has been another week of no workie. :rolleyes: Next week we should be ramping up onto a pretty good chunk - keep us busy for about 5 weeks. That will be nice! So, those of you moanin' 'bout "having to work"...I doan wanna hear it! Try NOT workin (and no cash-flow that goes w/ it) and see how lucky y'all are!

Well, enjoy, be safe, have some fun. Could be worse...Y'all might be livin down stream of the Wolf Creek Dam and having to think about being awakened by Ms Cumberland (river), stealing into yor bedroom one night to kiss ya in your sleep! :eek: But, then again, ol doc could just set up a chair in his front yard and his patient’s cold just float on up to him - no need to go see them! :rolleyes:

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
The cold is your friend, Kenny!

It's going to be cold today and colder tonight, in the teens for in the morning Brrrrrrr!:eek:
Remember...You need to make the cold your friend. Then he won't bite you!:D ...(No, I don't believe it either!;) )

P.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Good Morning all

Good to see everyone up and stirring this morning. Don M might have went down to the UE office to lay himself off or something.

Paul I'm happy to see you working with our partner Don to make him a 220 Swift affectionaro. I don't think it will ever take the 222 Magnum place in his heart, but it will find at least a place I'm sure.

Oh, and what is the latest on the Wolfcreek Dam?? They got that under control yet? Hope everyone has a good day.WD

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good MOrning Doc & Tha GGVG Morning Crew

A gooooooooooooooooood morning to everyone from a cool Lake
Cumberland. 32.1* here this morning, and much cooler tonight. Ah,
after all it is right in the middle of winter. Sounds like Todd has a
shooter.:D Really nice young lad there Doc. ;) I see that most of
tha ususal crew is up and attum (Bird Dog is missing). "Tha Old
Grey Rooster" doing his usual morning crowing. :rolleyes: I would
like to make him crow with a good swift swarp with a stout 2 x 4
right off his roost pole in tha hen house just to get his attention.
:D Looks like "Trust Me Mruphy" is still MIA. :eek: At least I haven't
seen any noticable Diesel Fuel shortages in the south, yet. ;) That
is good that he & Patty can get off and visit for a while without the
usual daily cares of life. Haven't seen a post by W.D. Swift in a few
days. Hey Ky Fisherman, I did get the frame done on the "War Wagon"
yesterday for the canopy. Took the whole rig to the Canvas Shop
and got it measured. Looks like 2 to 3 weeks on the canopy. Then
we will have "shade" for tha 2007 Prairie Dog Safari. Hey, Paul says
to bring along an extra piece of pipe for your shooting corner just in
case. Hope each of you has a great day today. God bless...

Don M.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning W.D.

Good to see everyone up and stirring this morning. Don M might have went down to the UE office to lay himself off or something.

Paul I'm happy to see you working with our partner Don to make him a 220 Swift affectionaro. I don't think it will ever take the 222 Magnum place in his heart, but it will find at least a place I'm sure.

Oh, and what is the latest on the Wolfcreek Dam?? They got that under control yet? Hope everyone has a good day.WD
Looks like were posting about the same time. Been missing you friend. The
Corp Of Engineers has lowered the Lake level to a presumably safe level for
the problem, but, the problem has not been corrected yet. I am sure that is
goning to take "tons" of concrete and a lot of drilling to get the problem fixed.
Any word on Murph ? Oh, yeah, I am rockin & also started drawing my SSI as of
January 1 ! Let the shooting happen.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Hey, Paul says
to bring along an extra piece of pipe for your shooting corner just in
case. Hope each of you has a great day today. God bless...

Don M.
Actually, Don, you could first use that spare piece o' pipe to put about $10 worth of nickle sized knots n bruises on ol KY Fisherman's pointy leeetle head. :eek: THEN repair the canopy frame!:D

I took stock of my 220 Swift blts yesterday. I'm past the (N560) Ladder test now, and have it narrowed down to some group tests. I'll keep ya posted!

P.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
It takes at least two cups of coffee before I can deal with you people, that and getting my wife packed up for a trip to babysit my grandson makes me late showing up here. Looks like it's going to shape up to be a decent day in the hollow. Yesterday I learned for the second time in three weekes that it's not a good idea to slice onions with a very sharp knife unless you're paying attention. Guess I'm getting too old to be around sharp objects, not to worry about this bunch though....nobody very sharp in this bunch.

Rick

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
War Wagon UPdate

January hasn't been too bad to me as I'm working, have a roof over my head, enough money to pay the bills, I'm healthy and I'm munching on a smoked-sausage biscuit. Now if I just had a 500-yard shooting range in my back yard.
Hey Mike:

Got the frame painted for the War Wagon Canopy today. Also, we made 2 spare post for the corners of the frame just in case a stray bullet comes in
contact with a steel post.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.