Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
69* and clear this morning on the way to low 80's here in the northern Ozarks.
Got the no-sleep-ums this morning at about 1:30, so finally got out of bed and here I am wide awake and tired. Not much is going to happen around here today. Got a good rain yesterday afternoon late, we really needed it. Wish that Dean could get some good rain, not that I want to give up what we got. We are really behind in rainfall this summer. Going to be a bad hay year for the farmers. I am not in that line anymore.
All you-all have a great day and God bless.

·
Administrator
3,051 Posts
54° here in Upstate NY this morning with the high temperature going up to about 75° today.

Busy day yesterday, I had a business customer with a problem in the morning I had to fix. He had a scam on his computer where they wanted him to pay $900 to get it fixed. I was able to fix for him for less than $100.

This morning I am going to have breakfast with one of our trustees. We are going to get three new bench rests built for our new shooting pavilions. After that I will have to do some computer repairs again today.

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Good Morning

62 this morning in NC Ohio, with more rain predicted. Had 3 good showers yesterday, starting to recover only wish the western part of the country could get some rain. Time for a cup of joe and see what I can get into. Prayers to those and country. Mike

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Great morning folks,

54° and a clear sky on this day of solstice here near Halfway USA. Early twilight was 4:32am & evening will be 10:42pm so we will enjoy a long day of light at this latitude. Today we will get a high of 75°.

Kept busy yesterday starting with tire rotation of Douglas' truck. Moved on from the to whittling out 20% more aluminum from a chunk that storta looking like an AR lower. THAT'S when the frustration began. After much checking & test fitting we discovered that James Madison Tactical modular triggers are way out of spec. So much so that the bolt cannot clear the hammer to travel rear word. :mad: Ended up using a standard mil spec trigger just to complete the assemble. Good news is the upper should perform proper with it's Krieger barrel. Perhaps Doug will report back when he gets back to Wyoming.

We had a house full last night. Mike and Corey and their families came over for a dinner. Doug brought smoke pulled pork on this trip. He also did two racks of pork ribs. Sides & dessert were also excellent as well.

We discussed plans for the up coming Prairie Dog Safari 2018 in Montana. Corey my be flying out to Billings but isn't sure what day just yet. Mike won't be able to make the trip this year - a one month old baby kinda put a damper to that.

·
Registered
12,361 Posts
Mornin boys...
66 here high on RUGER Mt this morning.
Spotty rain over the county yesterday.
Think that's what their giving today too.
You all have a gooden today and GOD Bless...

Donnie

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Good morning from Waseca where it's 63 and raining. It's been raining all night and looking like all day also. High is just 68.
I am continuing to build shelves for reloading tools. It's work and my tired ol body complains a lot. But each box unpacked is progress.
Hope everyone has a blessed day,
Ken

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
morning all. 47 here, on the way to 85 with a fire weather watch for the next several days. Will be breezy and hot.
Worked in the shop all day yesterday after the morning rounds of the farm were done. Got one swather out and before I could get the other out the door the first one was back and broke down. Sent the other one to the field and it came back with problems too. :eek::eek:
One should be ok now, and will get parts for the other this morning. Also have a sprinkler to work on today.
Time to move 'em out. Have a great first day of summer.
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Administrator
11,794 Posts
good morning folks. It's 69º here with drizzle. My @ss is dragging this morning. Couldn't turn my brain off and get to sleep. Then got woken up early by a freaking woodpecker banging on my log wall in the bedroom. :mad: The joys of log home living.:rolleyes: I got some compounding done on the boat last evening before a T-storm ended that fun. I can't win. At least the new compound I got is working. It pays to research and buy the right product for the job. Auto waxing compounds are almost useless in the boater's world.

Have a good one.

Charlie

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Good morning, GoGo. It's 74 in Louisville, only going to 79. Had a couple of brief thunderstorms yesterday, but should get a pretty good rain for an hour or so today. Big front working its way toward us from the West.

Scott, was it Mike or Corey who married his "dishwasher"? And they now have a 1-month old bambino? Also, I had to groan a little at the idea of an AR with a Krieger barrel and a milspec trigger. That's just wrong IMHO. I'm guessing you think the same.

Y'all have a good'n and be safe out there.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
Good morning from the sticks of Kentucky.
I am not in the Hayfield today....that's good news to me.
I completed the moving of hay rolls yesterday, now to get some fence around them so the Damcows won't eat them all in a week. I'm still far short for the winter supply, but I'm hoping for a decent fall cutting. I have already bought and hauled home 50 rolls to supplement mine here. Got to get to 500.

I caught a Racoon yesterday in my barn and he proceeded to tear up my live trap. I am going to have to find some sort of Heavy mesh wire to repair the trap. 7 coons and theyre still coming.

Dean, I understand your frustrations with farm machinery, I had a total of 6 flat tires this time...had to buy 2 front tractor tires. The Hay Bailer swallered a belt on some of the last rolls I was doing....Just don't know which one it is in. I did get done without a Catastrophic failure this time, just constant repair.
We must be rich...we got cows.??.

I read this every day and it seems some y'all are searching for things to do. I have about 20 extra Damcows too many, I can send to any y'all that needs something to do. Skruske, you better get to throwing up a fence round that Yard....
If we don't get some rain soon, I'm bringing a trailer load up to pasture your yard!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Low 70's and cloudy in the hollow this morning. I've been up since about 5:30, but I don't much care to talk or type early on before I get about a quart of coffee in my system. We did get started building the road into the new rifle range yesterday. It is the start of a long series of construction projects, next being the removal of a lot of junk trees from the range. As with most construction there are already holdups and roadblocks. The 911 office assigns addresses and I can neither reach the guy or get him to return my calls. We need an address before we can get started on 800 yards of power lines. The previous owner said it took him a month to get an address at his last farm.
Oh well.....

G'day Y'all,
Rick

·
Premium Member
4,672 Posts
Good morning everyone..... just got back from doing some more "consulting"...They pull people off the floor that have never welded or had no or very little training and make them welders. Take more than a weeks crash course to weld....now you can teach someone to pull a mig gun trigger and shoot a decent looking weld on something but they don't know what they are looking at when shit goes sideways on them.....they just keep pulling the trigger.:eek: Worked with a couple of guys and seen some improvements once pointed in the right direction.

I got 71 more SS cones to cut and weld at about 4hrs per part....hopefully we get some cool weather to make it more tolerable....these all get x-rayed before going to machine so I got my screens up to block any breeze or wind from the doors being open at the shop.

Also got a hot emergency job to start Friday evening on more steam hammer parts for the forge shop.

Jr if I get sent a damcow it would end up in my freezer!:D

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Shane, that's the best place for one. We split a beef last Fall and total cost was $2.57#. Doggone good eating and very, very few UBPs..... Unidentifiable Body Parts. That is a pet peeve of mine - those little bits of gristle or?? whatever they include. I hates'em.
Scored two solid core doors at the Salvation Army y'day. Am considering putting a shooting port in the N wall so will need a bench, prob on wheels as that is currently a high traffic area. That .097 moa 4 shot group has lit my fire.
Need to call the S.Army store and see if they'll hold them till Tues. as I will be in the big city for a small filling and annual physical.
We were blessed w almost .6" of rain o'night. Great timing and none lost to steam. No rain here y'day an hour + nawth of Mikey.
Time to start doing something -
Tom out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts