Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope everyone is ok this fine top of the day. I got the no-sleep ems I reckon. Never did rollback when the time did!:( Well the time will change back before long and I'll be right on time.:D OK cool here 24º and frost on the snow what there is left. It don't last long in 60º weather. Maybe get to fire a round down the BR to start the barrel break-in. Been to busy in the shop trying to finish some stuff before I get involved in the loads. Guys have a Good day.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Good Morning James and Varmints

Well alright then=
Ole Birdog made a run yesterday to the Holy Land
of Gundom =(BuckCreek KY)= all is right in the universe-[g]:D
He snagged a new 25BR for Todd L. (a stolle teddy) and
got me a bucket of bullets(1000) we shoot so much we
have to buy the industrial strenght size:D
also got himself a new 6-284(reckon them long range PD
better take out life insurance):D
got a short gig today here in downtown Celina TN
life is good =I'm very thankful
over and out
Doc :)

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
Last day for this work week and mid 30's

With a smidge of wind. She'll be up around 65* by afternoon so will be a pretty nice day.

Do have a nice, safe day and keep those hands out of moving parts.:eek:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Mornin James, doc, TA, n gang!

Spoze to have a little job lined up this week - must be true, cuz it's fixin' ta rain, and all my projects that amount to anything seem to occur in the rain. IF it would wait till Monday, the mud will be frozen - spoze to be in the single digits then - a little chilly, but much rather that then sloggin thru mud!

So, James...I see the 6BR is about to debeaut, no? IF you haven't already got some, I highly recommend taking Hu's advice and get some Lock-Ease to lube the bore before every shot. That stuff is simply amazin! 'Course, I use mostly Vihtavori powders these days - not a concerted effort, but I use what works best in a given rifle, and Vv seems to dominate my propellant shelf. My point is, that stuff is coated w/ graphite too, so mebby it is the two working together that results in so little fouling - even w/ barefoot blts!

Have you tried any Danzac yet?? So far I'm VERY happy w/ it - I'll NEVER buy another moly blt again!

Someone took this picture of the ol RAT's wearing one of his ssecret weapon for the BBB...The idea is to get the rest of us laughing so hard we won't be able to shoot for crap! (I can shoot bad enough w/o seeing him in a Speedo, thank-you very much!)

My daughter is getting married in March in Orlando. So, you're too late, Mike Jones...Not that she wouldn't have seen you for the dirty ol phardt ya are! :D

Well, have a good one. I wonder whar da rest of the gang is??? If y'all are trying to get some beauty sleep, I hope you have someone to come in and change the sheets while y'all sleep. You're gonna be there for a while!!

P.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Good Morning all

James you must be going to bed to early , because your up so early . Shot my 6BR yesterday . Love those Hart barrels, two patches and no more blue. Sense no one likes the way I measure my groups I'll just say its under 1" and a keeper. Have a good day, Art

·
Registered
452 Posts
good morning

good morning james and the rest of you guys.
I am like james, i wake up a little early, guess i still have the truck driver habits. Oh well better to start out the day early.
Cool here inn western ok. and the way they talk it will get a lot cooler.
I am like some of you , have not fired a shot yet cause i am painting my reloading room and remodeling it a little bit. Before long it will be ready to go.

PIGPEN in Roger Mills co. Ok.
________
Suzuki GT550

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
ARTinNC--JAMESinASHEVILLE-We want 6 br details

give us twist, actions, etc. of your 6 br's. and art i do like you method of measurment. what is it shooting, 0.25"?
I friend of mine picked up a 25 br yesterday.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Mr. James & Tha GGVg Gang

A gooooooooooooood morning to everyone from a cool Lake Cumberland.
34.3 degrees here in Southern, Ky this morning and gonna warm up to
around 50 today. James sounds like the 6BR is coming together. Sorry I
couldn't help you any with your 105 bullets. Never shot any of them (yet).
Well, I see that "Tha Old Grey Rooster" is a squacking big time this morning.
Someone must have put LSD in his water bowl. Cause he is never, never
gonna see me in a "Speedo". :p That is only a figment of his very vivid
imiganation. :rolleyes: Now, some of the "Northern Fellows" may just run
around in their "Speedo's" up there in the snow, but down here in the
mid south, one would be thought to be running a high sugar content in
their fuel tank !:eek: I promise you my sugar level is just fine !;) So, no
blankedy, blankedy "Speedo's" for this old fat boy !:p Gonna be reworking
a 16 foot trailer today for mowing and a work trailer. Then, comes the more
serious task of building the frame for the canopy for "Tha War Wagon".
May & South Dakota & Prairie Dogs will be here before we know it. I will
get Kenny U to take a pic of the "War Wagon" and post it when we get it
done. Hope each of you has a great day today. God bless.

Don M.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Birdog, Doc has done let the cat outta tha bag bout ur trip to Georges. Said something bout having to rent a uhaulit trailer to get it all back to Tn.:D
We done got details bout you.;)

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Honest George Gun Emporium--great trip yesterday--

after my 160 mi. trip to Honest George's and Jackie stogsdil's yesterday i collapsed into my 29 year old lazy boy about 10:00 last night and was out for 7 hours solid deep sleep. Did not even move or wake up once. that is the most uninterupted sleep in have had in months. Must be the Ky. blugrass air. BBBuck creek was fine and seemed lonely without a bustling group of shooters gathered around. I missed the bbb and the top gun last year, but i plan to be there this year shooting on TEAM TENNESSEE which is favored by the odds makers in Vegas. Ricky Bell, Doc Stone, James Phillips,and Greyfox will anchor TEAM TENNESSEE. I will be carrying them ammo and water. ( and a couple of these guys will use a lot of water)
everyone have a great day. Give us details of those new 6 br's in the works guys

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Good morning all from WV

Looks to be a nice day here in SWV, temps back into the mid 40's. Have a great Thursday. God Bless,
Joe

·
Registered
446 Posts
Good morning..

man am I feeling better! Finally on the 13t day of taking antibiotics for this sinus/ear infection and things are looking up. Amazing how something like that can pull one down.

Have a great day varmiteers!

Now ya'll turn2, double-time- :D

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Good morning, guys.

Paul, have I mentioned that I have two work-related events I have to attend in Florida in February? One in Fort Lauderdale and one in Jacksonville. I may just have to take a little side trip over to Orlando and make sure your daughter gets to meet the Kentucky Fisherman before her wedding day. I'd hate for her to get married and then regret it when she later laid eyes on me. :cool:

Don, good luck on framing up the top of the War Wagon. Remember, when you get around to the hole drilling, it's real fast and easy if you use a 69SMK. :D

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Mike, I Woudl Think About That Seriously !

Good morning, guys.

Paul, have I mentioned that I have two work-related events I have to attend in Florida in February? One in Fort Lauderdale and one in Jacksonville. I may just have to take a little side trip over to Orlando and make sure your daughter gets to meet the Kentucky Fisherman before her wedding day. I'd hate for her to get married and then regret it when she later laid eyes on me. :cool:

Don, good luck on framing up the top of the War Wagon. Remember, when you get around to the hole drilling, it's real fast and easy if you use a 69SMK. :D
I am sure that Ami would be just fine as a Mother In Law, but, have you
ever given serious thought at to what it might be like to have "Rooster"
as a father in law ?:eek:

·
Registered
505 Posts
MLM Up-Date

Good Morning Y'All.

MLM and the Boss made it to Ga. They celebrated their Wedding Anniversary with us yesterday. The Rollin' Dirt Farmer spent the night and is going over the map, trying to decide which route will have the most cans along it. So any place South of Atlanta better be on their toes as the "Coach" is movin' out around noon, today.:eek:

RedFoxy and Rick B.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Good morning, guys.

I'm sure she would regret laying eyes on you no matter what the circumstances!:eek: :D

P.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I am sure that Ami would be just fine as a Mother In Law, but, have you
ever given serious thought at to what it might be like to have "Rooster"
as a father in law ?:eek:
Now THAT :eek: is a thought I never would have come up with, and I could have gone the whole day w/o it, buddy!!

P.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Birdog

Birdog , Right now I have a 1:14 twist Hart barrel on it, Hall"M" action. And yesterday shot a .345, .279, .397, .214. and all had differane seating depth . The .214 group was seated .020 into the rifling , I'm going to load some more of them and get to the range soon . Art

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Ricky Bell, Doc Stone, James Phillips,and Greyfox will anchor TEAM TENNESSEE.
There's only one rule...The State Trophy stays on the road!!

:D

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Birdog , Right now I have a 1:14 twist Hart barrel on it, Hall"M" action. And yesterday shot a .345, .279, .397, .214. and all had differane seating depth . The .214 group was seated .020 into the rifling , I'm going to load some more of them and get to the range soon . Art
Mine is a 14 twist Hart bbl as well. It likes 'em into the lands a bit AND doats on 68 gn FB Bergers over N135 and Rem 7.5s. I haven't had a chance to try some of John B's (aka Starke) 68s, but I understand they are superb also.

Hope this helps!

P.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts