Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded 3 or 4 trades, to get this one. It is a Hi Wall made around the turn of the century. It was sent to Turnbull, who went thru the action and made it right, then casehardened it. He also blued and fitted a Buhmiller barrel from the 60's, new/old stock in .219 Donaldson Wasp. It has a older T 16x Weaver duplex with steel tube. I loaded up 20 rounds, got it on at 100yds, and shot a tiny little 5 shot group about .380 with some 52gr Match flat base Hornady's. The guy who owned it stocked it himself, with Claro Marbled walnut, stock and forearm, with and adjustable cheekpiece for up and down. It is a keeper. I will send some pics to Charlie to post.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Nice one Sam

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
That's really nice Sam, I have a twin to that scope on a Savage 12, single shot 22-250. Mine has the tiny dot on very fine cross hairs.
Like the case hardening!!!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
596 Posts
I don't think you'll like it.....send it to me and I'll wring all the kinks out of it

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
Sam knows you G. Sam knows better.... ;) :)
Very, very nice.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
I got to shoot Heck's No.1 in 219 Donaldson Wasp way back when visiting the Liar's Lounge one year. Nice round and very accurate.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I got to shoot Heck's No.1 in 219 Donaldson Wasp way back when visiting the Liar's Lounge one year. Nice round and very accurate.
Does anyone know if Heck Phillips is still alive? He was a real character..

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Not sure. I know he moved somewhere away from Holly a few years ago, maybe 5 or 6 years ago. Maybe it was New Mexico or Texas, but I can't remember for sure.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Last I heard from Heck, he was upstate in the Communist part I think with a daughter.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Can you get brass or do you have to make it? Looks interesting

1 - 20 of 22 Posts