Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 18 year old Suzuki Eiger 400 let me down for the last time out at the big farm the other day. I was way back in the sticks, and it was getting dark. I pull started it for half an hour to get it started. The Motor and transmission is top notch, but its age has everything else breaking down, cant keep it running over a week at ay time. So last week the wife and I went around shopping. I ended up getting a Honda 500 Pioneer, side by side. It is not much bigger than my Suzuki and would allow you to get through the woods easy. I did not get the color I wanted, they only had one coming in bed on etween now and March 1, so I settled on red. Should last me for about 20 years. The dealer knocked $600 off, since I was buying outright and not financing. It has manual or Auto tranny, paddle shifts on the steering wheel.I opted for the one with a rack on the back instead of a dump bed, saved another $1000. I will get a pic to Charlie or Jr to share.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Nice ride

·
Registered
126 Posts
The dump bed? After 4+ years, l may have used it once to dump. However, it is super handy used as a tool carrier for large saw, small saw, pole saw, fuel, milk crate w holder for bar tools, plastic wedges, chaps, water, bar oil, spare chains, gloves, safety glasses and etc.
Whether or not a grand worth, only in the eyes of the beholder. I know you'll get your use out of it.
If something just has to be checked out in the woods or field with snow, ice or mud present, it will be a lot safer getting there, that's for sure.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The dump bed? After 4+ years, l may have used it once to dump. However, it is super handy used as a tool carrier for large saw, small saw, pole saw, fuel, milk crate w holder for bar tools, plastic wedges, chaps, water, bar oil, spare chains, gloves, safety glasses and etc.
Whether or not a grand worth, only in the eyes of the beholder. I know you'll get your use out of it.
If something just has to be checked out in the woods or field with snow, ice or mud present, it will be a lot safer getting there, that's for sure.
I have a heavy duty plastic Tote/Tray that I am putting on it with huge zip ties, for hauling tools, bucket etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts