Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My quest for a 788 in 222 Rem ended today as I finally got one. While I was at the shop, I looked around and found a Browning A-Bolt 22LR. I can't get the A-Bolt out of my mind, cause it was a pretty little sucker, and worked very smoothly. Anybody out there got one of those A-Bolt 22LR's and willing to tell me a little about how they perform?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've never had one, but have a friend that does.

Great little rifle. I've shot against it many times in Silhouette. IMHO, it was better then alot of the higher end rifles that showed up for the matches. And that included the German built sporters.

I have no idea what the value is on one of them, but if you feel it is reasonable, go for it. I seriously doubt you'll ever regret it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would be interested in hearing how the 788 shoots, as I picked up one myself! the only signs of use: a few scratches on the magazine ! It too is a 222 rem.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I don't know of one that has not shot well...

.....I single handedly pushed the price up in Mo. when I was in the business and shot all of them before they were sold, as a demonstration was all it took to make the sale profitable !!
The .222 is always a good shooter.
________
VF1100S

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Back when the first 788 222 came out I think I bought the first one. Shot a lot of Ohio groundhogs with it, and wish that I had never sold it . And just 3 years ago I bought a 788 22-250 that had been shot only 9 times and a box and a half of very old amo . The man said that he didn't have any use for it and his dad bought it new for $89 and he would sell it for $150. So you know who owns it now .
I'll never sale another gun again .
Art

·
Registered
211 Posts
Load -4-Duce-788

Mine will shoot 40gr poly tips @ Pd's very well, Benchmark 24.5 grs & WSR or Fed 205's Primers, in any brass. Fun Gun Good Luck . Russ.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts