Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new Green Mountain Barrel for a custom 10-22. I have not shot the rifle yet. I contacted GM for their break in procedure-below is the reply I received:

"Thomas,
You want to clean the barrel and the shoot 10 rounds of it and then clean
it again shoot 10 more rounds. You are going to do this for about 100
rounds. Your barrel will break in for about 500 rounds."

Can you believe this BABBLE. How could anyone send a message like this to a customer. I am truly baffled, is it just me, or would you guys trust some one who would respond like this!! Does any one proof read any more, or do they just not care. Tom.

West by God Virginia

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gmb

Yes Markbo, you are absolutely right. I put this post at several web sites, and you are the first to point out these mistakes. This is truly the point I was trying to make. No one truly pays attention anymore. I do not consider myself an expert on the English language, I still learn everyday. But at least I try. I probably should not have posted my comment about GMB's customer service agent. But I truly believe it is a bad trend in our country. Thomas.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
I cannot argue that!

But I try to remember too that the internet and email are so anonymous, I don't really know who is saying anything. It might be some $6/hour clerk or the computer guy that typed in an automated message or any number of things.

You ever have a problem or a question at GM, just ask for Rick Sanborn.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I guess I couldn't say much about it myself. I regularly send emails and posts and forget to spell check it before sending them. I can spell ok but I make many typos and often forget to spell check. Then when I read it later I am embarassed about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's how it goes at my company: The workday is so full it has to be so structured that it is expected that nothing gets done to COMPLETION. You work on many tasks and not one of them can be done fully or completely, only the bare minimum required. Thus if a customer question got through to me I would not give a flip if i used bad grammar. I answer the question and then I'm on to something else. I know this is not proper customer service but my managers do not know, or do not care, otherwise they would have dedicated customer service. From the message I would guess you received an answer from someone who knew what he was talking about(e.g. engineer)rather than a CS stooge who knows nothing about barrels or even guns but can present a scripted answer in a nice form.

·
Registered
10,241 Posts
My rimfire break-in procedure.

First install the barrel on the gun. Now shoot a box of ammo. Now shoot another box of ammo. Repeat this procedure until you are out of ammo or the blister on your trigger finger pops. Take the gun home. Remove, clean, and lightly lube the bolt preferably with a dry lube. Drag a Boresnake through the bore a couple of times. Put it away. After using this entire procedure 10-12 times, disassemble the magazine and clean it in hot soapy water. Reassemble the magazine and begin the process again. After a couple of years it will be well broken in and should continue shooting pretty well.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Gee Tom, aren't you the touchy one though! They've probably never had anyone dumb enough to ask them that question. You should be glad someone at Green Mountain is more tactful than I am, and thankful to have even received an answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.