Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Gun Buyback

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  LarryDScott 
#1 ·
Well, here we go again. Indy (IMPD) is planning a gun buyback program in association with a couple of churches. They say they are not after the usual rusty junk that won't fire but think they can get guns that might be used by criminals off the street. They are considering offering cash, gift cards, and free recording studio time in exchange for the "crime guns". I can only imagine the number of thugs, gang-bangers, and druggies lining up for this. However, this could be my big break. I've got an old Sears/JC Higgins pump gun that I could saw off and turn in to jump-start my career as a C&W rapper.
Lunatics!

By the way, IN law expressly prohibits using public funding (AKA tax dollars) for a gun buyback program.

"A unit, including a law enforcement agency of a unit, may not conduct a firearm buyback program unless the firearm buyback program is financed or funded with private funds or grants, and not public funds."
Ind. Code Ann. § 35-47-3.5-3.

#2 ·
So whatterthey be payin'?
You be needing a Front Man? I could be available - 😉

#5 · (Edited)
Ain't no. . . .

brother with a piece that has only two or three drive-bys on it gonna' fall for that crap. And they long ago done rid themselves of the trash that cops and do-gooders fall for in those so-called "buy-backs"! Like it was mentioned; who's funding this farce? Figured the damncops would have/should have learned by now!
Can't exactly see a gang-bangin' leader leading the charge to 'convert' stolen guns to cash either for a quarter of what he has paid for his gun already!!! They may not be real bright but they can count the funds!
Oh, it won't mess up Chicago's numbers from there anyway!
Darrel

#6 ·
Same ol’ same ol’

A church in Cincinnati does it from time to time. When I see on the news, the guns that are turned in, I always kick myself for not participating. I have a couple old clunkers I would gladly trade for a $50 Kroger card.

Now.... let’s hear more about this rapping career Doug....I can hear it already.

Notorious D.U.G. Straight Outta IHOP

#7 ·
A church in Cincinnati does it from time to time. When I see on the news, the guns that are turned in, I always kick myself for not participating. I have a couple old clunkers I would gladly trade for a $50 Kroger card.

Now.... let’s hear more about this rapping career Doug....I can hear it already.

Notorious D.U.G. Straight Outta IHOP
Dang Carl. Either you're stealing my fire or you wanta' be my manager.

I'll be here all week, folks. Try the veal and tip your waitress generously.

#8 ·
Not long ago, a couple enterprising guys from over at AR15.com set up their own table across the street from a gun buy back. They were paying more $$ in green money CASH.

They did a brisk business initially until the police stepped in and tried to put a stop to it because, you know, some lib got their panties in a wad over it.

After some arguing and intimidation, it was determined what they were doing was perfectly legal in that state.

#11 ·
It was tried

A guy tried that at a buyback in Crawfordsville, IN. The police cited him for not having an appropriate business license. Of course, he had set up a table and a sign on the sidewalk across the street from the church.

#9 ·
Buy backs are the biggest waste of money ever as most will take the money and buy more guns.
You can offer most other things in return and see bugger all guns but the minute you put money into the equation all the old broken and useless clunkers get handed in......................it makes the do gooders feel like they've saved the world and the gun shops love the extra business.

We had a massive gun buyback back in 1996 after a "massacre" and it cost us taxpayers half a billion dollars for no real gain BUT the money given to the people who handed in their guns most of which were buggered or bits and pieces went out and bought more guns.

#12 ·
Buybacks are nothing but politically motivated schemes.
It's a feel-good thing that looks good to the unknowing
public. Its hype for the media, costs a lot of tax dollars,
and has the street thugs laughing their a$$ off at the
fools that initiated the program.
Crime and violence value= ZERO
LDS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.