Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM GETTING READY TO BUY A NEW VARMIT GUN. I have it narrowed down between a HOWA supreme varmiter and a Kimber Longmaster VT. I have read great reviews about the HOWA but I can't find anything about the Kimber. I use many different rifles when varmit hunting but this will be the first 22-250 I have ever purchased.

?? Any feedback from anyone

·
Registered
785 Posts
Kimber

I own both the std Varmint 84m and the Longmaster VT(the one with the fluted 1" barrel) and like them both. Mike Bryant AI'ed the Varmint and I was afraid he would have to cut the threads off as there was some chatter about crooked/generous chambers. He said mine was as straight as they come and only had to set it back a couple of threads. That rifle today is arguably one of the most accurate I own and that includes Coopers, Sakos, and customs. The VT hasn't got a lot of bench time but ammo loaded for another rifle gave sub 3/4" groups first time at the range. Triggers adjusted down to sub 2lb range quickly. The only knock I have on both rifles is that first time out I had a couple of light firingpin strikes and that was using Federal primers, switched to Winchester WLR's and haven't had any problems but this is an issue that others have reported also. Customer support for Kimber has been hit or miss depending on who you talk to. My interaction with them has not been inspiring:) or disappointing:( , kinda in the middle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.