Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking online at safes best deals are tractor supply and rule king i need a smaller one 18 20 gun....if you guys see any deals that im missing let me know.
Like to stay in the $500 600 range.

Also go for more fire and water protection or weight?

·
Registered
54 Posts
George, been looking for the same thing. Best deals I have seen have been at Rual King. I haven't pulled the trigger on getting one yet. I would go for fire protection over weight.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
If I ever bought another one, I would have to have Manual Key over ride. EMP will zap any these Keypads. Needs to be on a exterior wall for fire protection obviously. Judy Brown has mine full of paper crap, scarcely any room for Rifles. George, that ones too small.

·
Registered
10,070 Posts
You probably already know this but, if you're putting scoped rifles in the safe, you can just about cut the stated capacity in half! We have a couple that are not fire rated and one that is. It's bigger and a lot heavier, about 600 lbs empty. JR is right. Putting your safe on an exterior wall can enhance the fire resistance.

I am not a fan of touch pad locked safes at all. But then, I've been seen standing in front of a safe trying to remember the combination. 🤷‍♂️

1 - 11 of 11 Posts