Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Guns today?

2K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Zeus 
As I sneak up on collecting social security, I offer these highly valuable opinions. ;)

Gun shows will continue to fade. Venues are becoming less accommodating and in some cases openly hostile to guns in general.

Gun shows have evolved into flea markets. Last "big" show I went to it seemed less than half the tables had anything to do with guns. I am not paying my $8 to walk in so I can see a fellow hawking pots & pans or kitchen knives.

Prices at shows are another thing that annoys me. Perhaps it's a Michigan thing but seriously - your used old "custom" Mossberg 500 with genuine rattle can camo paint job is not worth $350. It was $229 on sale at Walmart with an extra barrel.

The most significant factor in why gun shows will continue to dwindle is right in front of you. I can sit at my desk or on the couch and click on dozens & dozens of web pages to see any manner of firearm I can ever dream up. I can buy parts and have them dropped off at my house within a couple days.

Acquiring another gun is simple as well. Click Click Click - ship it to my FFL, pick it up in a couple days.

As for my accumulation of guns... I like lots of them. From single shot 22's up to Eargashplittenloudenboomers.

Pistols? Ya, some of 'em go round & several rattle back & forthward. :D On the low end I have a Sterling 25acp that sits in the safe along with Brownings, Colts, Beretta, S&W and even a Desert Eagle.

Rifles, as you would expect (for those that know me) Lots of black ones but I am particularly fond of vintage SAVAGES even in calibers that are nearly obsolete. They snuggle next to a Garand, nice bolt guns, crappy bolt guns, a pump or two and lever actuated.

As I said, I like lots of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.