Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Guns today?

2K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Zeus 
Don’t let it get you down Sam.

I was in a gun shop a couple weeks ago and of the dozens of guns on the wall, only 2 of them had wood on them. I think that’s just what most customers want right now. A few of those firearms will go up in value. Most of them will not. I think it is human nature to believe that things were better in the “old days”. We were fortunate enough to grow up in the post-WWII era when some mighty fine firearms were built right here. There was also a lot of junk made during that period but those guns tend to fade into obscurity while the nicer ones are embedded in our memories.

A lot of junk is being made now but there are still a lot of good guns being made even though their pretty wooden stocks are being replaced by Fiberglas, carbon fiber, and other polymers. Of course you can still order high end stuff from the custom shops and those will likely be worth more than the standard Wal Mart issue version. It was that way in the old days too.

It pains me to admit that your friend was right but just remember. Someday the young man who sold you that Blackout will be an old timer and he will tell his son,” I had one of those Ruger Americans once and sold it for half-price because I wanted a new video game. I wish I had never sold it.”

Just my thoughts

To answer your question..........

Yes. You are one of those millennials that everyone is complaining about. However, you have the answers to a couple questions that I have. Gonna send you a PM, if that’s OK.

Oh yeah, and WHY did you have to bring up the Trapdoor ? I have too many things on my list already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.