Varmint Hunters Forum banner

Guns today?

2K views 22 replies 20 participants last post by  Zeus 
Another aspect to consider in addition to flea market approach, there have been several different promoters added in our area, diluting the decent dealers and trying to add market share. I stopped going to the biggest show because I couldn't walk that much any more (1500+ tables). I still make it to smaller shows (<500), but always go to my favorite shows that still have a fair number of dealers with collectibles and old school military arms. Prices have all gone up, but you can occasionally find decent things worthwhile.

Newer guns have gone down market, and the price is what is driving the mass markets. You can still get the classic models of quality arms, but prices have gone crazy, compared to maybe 8 or 10 years ago. Have you looked at prices of any Colt or S&W revolvers or a classic M700 or M70 rifle? The younger folks are buying plastic striker fired pistols and the cheapest polymer stocked rifles. I haven't bought many new arms for a few years, except for AR parts. Glad I bought good stuff all along, because they have gotten lots more valuable along the way. When you find a bargain, get it while you can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.