Varmint Hunters Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Well gentlemen i am in my mid 60s and a lot of guys my age had no appreciation for a fine drilling or a fine double gun rifle or shotgun they wanted pump,autos.I will keep my double rifles and shot guns and let the youngsters buy the plastic stuff ALL THINGS RUN IN CYCLES just glad to see youngsters buying and shooting.Just the view from this side of the fence.

Gun Shows

Koger, I'm not going to get into the what's and whatnots of this thread. But I am going to share with you a real gun show that I think you'll like: if not well maybe something is wrong with you, or me. The weekend of December 5th and 6th at the Cave City Convention Center. It's a good one, $5.00 admission and about all blued steel and walnut. Prices are kinda high but it's still a "Gun Show". Get you ass on the parkway in Somerset and get off at Glasgow. Go north to Cave city and you're there. Hope you like it. The promoters: The" Richeys" are nice people. Enjoy!!! John Kruzan

interesting...

Timely thread.....I spent the better part of the day yesterday shooting a few of my choice firearms. I was shooting at a buddy's house....he's about the same age as me and has about the same appreciation for a decent firearm. Right before we started shooting a younger guy showed up......at the ripe old age of 30.

We shot 3 different 44 specials (GP100, Bulldog, and Taurus 445).....a Sig P938 (my carry gun), Kimber Eclipse Custom II 45, Coonan Classic 357, GP100 357 and my Tommy gun.

My buddy really enjoyed shooting the different guns....he's been considering one of my 44 specials for a trade but is on the fence because he wasn't sure about the caliber.....after shooting the different revolvers he has a much better sense of what he'd like.....The 44 specials are still on his short list.

The young guy was just in awe over the quality of most of the examples that I brought. He's only been exposed to the fantastic plastic and polymer guns for the most part. Hand finished, brushed stainless steal or nicely polished blued steel had never really caught his eye until he actually tried a weapon of such quality. Needless to say his whole view of firearms has changed.

I think the guys I was shooting with really gained an appreciation for a decent firearm.....No the Charter and Taurus are nothing special.....but they are different and most folks just never get the chance to even hold one let alone shoot one. There is a fine line between a quality firearm and a piece of junk and I've often tested that limit.....but when it comes right down to it personal preference is what drives gun sales and if they've never been exposed to something decent most folks won't know the difference.....no matter how glaringly obvious....

The more young folks that we introduce to the world of QUALITY firearms the more demand there will be......but for now polymer frames and special coatings are popular so that's what is being marketed.....But I tell ya what....Reliablility has really been improved on over the years for semi-automatic and combat weapons......not a bad thing at all

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.