Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was recently told that what i thought for a lifetime was a huge Muscovy duck is actually a South-American goose but that matters little, they are fast, hard to deceive and very difficult to kill. I was shooting 1-1/4oz Magnum 2s from a 28" Remington 870 Express with extended magazine and full-choke. Several I shot twice and a couple I shot three times. The boy in the pic is Wayne, Amerindian tracker. He hid in the bushes until the shooting was done. We were hunting along a large stream where the geese came in to feed at dawn.

Carla on her morning hammock visit. She can spell her name as well as the usual parrot-chat.

Home for a week. This hammock hut can sling 18 and is thatched with leaves from the Trulee palm.

Three men and a rat. Largest rodent, the Capibara. We got two of these, meat tastes like pork.

________
Honda C200

·
Registered
876 Posts
Just curious....

What do you do about Malaria? Did you have to take a battery of shots before going into the Jungle?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What do you do about Malaria? Did you have to take a battery of shots before going into the Jungle?
Lariam Mefloquina - hybrid quinine (like in Gin & Tonic) for malaria. One weekly for five weeks starting the week before exposure. Yellow fever requires a shot every five years. Some people take others but i haven't found it necessarry. Jungle casualtiies are usually malaria or infection of injuries.
________
marijuana strains

1 - 4 of 4 Posts