Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the Valley of the Shadow of Death, and things are a mite dark, fellas.

My 42-year-old daughter, Jennifer, here in Louisville, died unexpectedly about 5:30 Tuesday. She collapsed at home and a lady who rents her basement heard the thump and called 911. At the ER and ICU the cardiologist said it appeared she had been operating on 10% heart capacity, perhaps for quite some time.

Jenny was a crystal meth user about 15-16 years ago. It's an evil, horrible man-made drug that is as corrosive as battery acid in the body. All those 60 and 70-year-old waitresses you see with no teeth? Crystal meth. No one kicks this drug, but somehow God gave Jenny a second chance and she did kick it. But the damage was done. She had extensive dental work, but didn't have a clue that there was also heart damage. Maybe it didn't manifest itself for years, or maybe it had nothing to do with the drug abuse, who knows.

I'm sharing this for several reasons:
  1. I may not be posting much for a while.
  2. You guys are like family, some of you very much so, and I wanted you to know what's up. When I get back, I may not be the usual funny, smart-ass wiseacre for a while. But KF will be back ... eventually.
  3. Some of you have also suffered the death of a child, or maybe a grandchild. My Jenny and I had a good relationship, talked often, got together fairly often, and we hugged. But we didn't hug enough. So this is an opportunity for me to encourage you to hug your kids, grandkids and spouse; tell them eyeball-to-eyeball that you love them, and try to take every opportunity to be with them.
  4. I'd sure appreciate your prayers, asking God to hold my family close and offer comfort that only He can.
KF

·
Administrator
3,600 Posts
My sincerest condolences are with you and your family KF. I really can't imagine the grief you are going through, and I can't think of anything to say. Just take the time you need to heal from such a tragedy.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Oh, I am without words to express my feelings. There's solace in how she had victory over the drug, and how the two of you had a good relationship. Those are the memories to cherish.
Ken

·
Registered
261 Posts
You and your family have my deepest sympathy. May God hold you all in his arms in comfort.

·
Premium Member
5,099 Posts
Mike I'm very sorry to hear about your daughter. Your daughter, you and your family will have my prayers.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Mike we are very sorry to hear this terrible news. We pray that you and your family be wrapped in a blanket of love and fond memories.
Tom

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
So sorry to hear this news Mike! Our prayers are with you and your family, May God comfort you all as only He can!
GOD BLESS. Dean

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Me and the wife are praying for you all, and will keep you in our prayers. Hold fast to God my friend, that is the only thing that can pull you through.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
So so sorry Mike. I have start several comments and deleted them. Just no good answer, but know you are in my prayers in this incredibly hard time.

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Condolences from us Mike, that is absolutely terrible thing to hear from you. Life is like a feather in a hurricane, we all should try to take care of ourselves and our loved ones. So sad.
JR and JB

·
Registered
12,912 Posts
Prayers sent brother thats something no parent should go through...my deepest sympathy..if i can help in any way let me know.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
I saw the effects of drug use so often, too often, as I’m sure Doug Roberts did. It isn’t just in the lowlifes in the ghettos. It can happen to the best of kids from the best of families.
I’m sorry for your loss, KF. At a time like this you have to find all the inner strength you can muster to get you and your family through this tough time.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Mikey, You are one of Ole VolDoc's
Bestest Long Distance Friends of all time.
We don't understand God's plan.
Never have =
Never will=
Miss Sue and I lost a Little Son at Birth.
God gave us another in our One and Only
Sam
Now Sam's given us two "Perfect GranGirls"
God knows=
We don't=
I love ya Brother
Prayers up for
Hurt and Sadness
Your Bud Always
Doc

1 - 20 of 30 Posts