Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to check my traps and snares this morning. There is a narrow trail through some ledges that cats and coyotes use all the time. Never picked up a cat but get coyotes every year. I had set a snare in a different place this year. While approaching the set I could see the big sagebush wiggling that I had tied the snare to. Walked up and could'nt see a critter anywhere. Then I seen the snare cable and it went into a hole in the rocks. I could see fur in the hole but still did'nt know if it was a cat or coyote. I pulled forever on the cable and finally got the hind legs of a coyote out. I must have had my loop too big because the coyote was caught around the flanks. I took hold of the legs and pulled like hell and finally inched the coyote out enough to shoot him in the ribs with my 22 pistol. Wish someone would have been with me to get a photo of me pulling the coyote out.

Kirk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Eeeeyikes.!!

I took hold of the legs and pulled like hell and finally inched the coyote out enough to shoot him in the ribs with my 22 pistol. Wish someone would have been with me to get a photo of me pulling the coyote out. Kirk

.. Sounds like the proverbial "tiger-by-the-tail".. :D
Good thing it didn't switch ends and take to gnawin' on yer beak.!! d:^) Jake

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.