Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Just us, the kids and the grandkids here this year for Thanksgiving. I think Mom will be stopping by before she heads to my sister‘s. We usually have a crowd here with my wife’s 7 siblings and their kids but not this year. They lost a sister last year and a brother-in-law is still hospitalized with Covid. He was in ICU for 50 days but is on the mend now. I always look forward to conversations with my vegetarian, anti-hunting sister-in-law. We love one another and keep our conversations civil but it is clear that we disagree on a lot of issues.
It will be a different type of Thanksgiving today but I’m sure it will still be a good one. Hope yours are too.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving my friends!!!
Just a little Thanksgiving pep talk folks before you embark on the feast!!
My theory on this day and the meal the good lord has blessed each and every woman the skills to prepare!!
Be thankful for our Lord for the many blessing our good lord has given us. Thank the ones with us and the ones that have gone before us, Thank the service men and women, the 1st responders (you may need them later today), and thank aunt Betty for that delicious pie!!
1. You don’t have to put 2 of the same thing on your plate to prevent someone from getting their feeling hurt. Just tell aunt Suzanne you already tried hers and you wanted to try aunt Kay’s. She’ll never know any difference!!
2. Your not in competition with your uncle Bob to see how much you can stuff on your plate. He’s already a fat a$$; we don’t need more in the family!
3. You don’t have to sample or eat all the deserts. As a matter of fact some of us could use more salad and less deserts!!
4. Do not argue over if the TV should be on or not during the meal…. Turn it down during prayer… but back up once it’s over… let’s watch the football game without an argument!!
5. Uncle Bob and Uncle Charles will eventually get in an arguement over who’s smarter than the other. Just keep a close eye on them and try to prevent the issue. But if the old ladies began arguing run like hell you can’t stop 2 old women from fighting… May not be family violence but boy there will be one hell of a grudge towards 2 sisters for the next year!!
6. No sense in cleaning up right after you eat… you can nibble on that all day!
7. No need to start off planning Christmas as soon as you walk in the door. Enjoy this day because you may not want to be around some of those people in less than 45 days… don’t commit until you leave or their gone!!
8. Remember to cherish the day and spend it peacefully and enjoy the memories. Be Thankful for all family and friends!!
9. Seriously though I want you to tell us your favorite desert after you have sampled all of them
😜
😜
!! I'd rather be fat and happy than skinny and mad!!!
10. It’s not ok to hate anyone but if you dislike one person it should be LeBron James.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts