Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
4,333 Posts
I am on the first thing in the morning, I also check the other forums I am on. After that I am off doing other things for the rest of the day. I know some people get on a lot less than I do and I never see many of them that post anything, others I believe just get on to read. I think the ones who contribute to the morning threads are like me, they have other things to do the rest of the day. I guess to have a more active board would take people posting and submitting new topics.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
C'mon, fellas, GoGo really can't be ALL things to ALL people. I enjoy the morning post and I enjoy the occasional thread about cooking, fishing, barn repair, or even varmint whacking. And every now and then we get going on something totally out of left field. Before anyone grumps about the board being dead, be ready to show me a list of threads YOU have started in the past 2-3 months.

As I'm told all the time at work, don't shoot down someone else's idea or action unless you've can propose a solution yourself. Here's an idea, Scotty, I was raised fishing on Barkley and Kentucky Lakes. Give us a report on this year's crappie fishing and changes you have seen in the lakes. What's your idea for reducing the damned Asian carp plague? Are the smallmouth still going strong on Kentucky Lake? Those topics aren't going to interest everyone, but not every thread has to result in 40-50 posts, right?

Carpman

·
Registered
7,024 Posts
The forum has turned into a Blog for us old men, and some of us don't do much throughout the day.
I decided a couple months ago to try to post some sort of Photo of some BS thing, just to give some life here.
I know that I ain't doin much, but I'm doin a little. LDS likes Cats so Here's a Mean Eyed Cat for you!

If you have a Smartphone, posting photos of everyday life is easy.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I called for EMS to come and try to revive this board about two months ago, but I guess they couldn't find the address... There are no more good threads about hunting or guns, just the morning weather report and prayer requests.. I give this board about another 10 months and it will disappear...

It will be a shame.....

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Seasonal

Be patient my friends. The BBB is just around the corner, turkeys are making noise, fish are biting, and p doggin' can't be far behind. :)

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
The forum has turned into a Blog for us old men, and some of us don't do much throughout the day.
I decided a couple months ago to try to post some sort of Photo of some BS thing, just to give some life here.
I know that I ain't doin much, but I'm doin a little. LDS likes Cats so Here's a Mean Eyed Cat for you!
You're pretty much right about lots of us being old men, JR, but we do have a few active young'uns like Shane G and Charlie. Well, Charlie's a grandpa, so maybe he does qualify as old. :D

As for photos, you could make LDS a lot happier with more pictures of the boss there at Rancho Carter. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
So, who is planning on attending the BBB ?

That usually gets some smack launched.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

If you have a Smartphone, posting photos of everyday life is easy.
JR keep tha cat pics coming. I like lookin at pussys, or they could be toms.
LDS

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, who is planning on attending the BBB ?

That usually gets some smack launched.
I wont be there. I have made a decision to quit shooting. I have no choice.
I have COPD, and smoking shooters have run me out. Spending money
to have fun and coming home sick is no longer in my future. I havent got
over the cigarette effects of the opening match at Gallatin, and that was April 6.
Ya'll have fun in my absence and someone please buy the 204 I have listed.
That would have been the rifle that gobbled up a bunch of RUUUUUGERS. Just sayin
LDS

·
Administrator
4,333 Posts
To me in this world there are to many "One Trick" ponies. If we aren't posting about what they want to read it isn't any good, the board is dying. Do they post more to help?? There is another board that says there is 50,000+ members and claims to be a hunting, shooting and fishing forum, if it wasn't a select few on the political and religious sections that board would have died years ago. I could give a rats ass about discussing politics and religion, I go there to read about guns and shooting and there is next to nothing on those sections. We have a gentleman in my gun club, he only cares about rimfire challenge shoots and 3 gun shoots. Last year he got rather upset with us as he wanted us to spend the money to build an earthen berm between our 25yd and 50yd ranges as he might want to have shoots and that way he could use both ranges. When we told him we were going to do improvements that benefitted all the members it didn't set well with him. The thing of it is he never hold any shoots and I asked him last week if he wanted to this year and he said no the interest isn't there with other members to have the shoots. Yes this board is slow at times but all are so I still enjoy coming here each morning and will continue to till either I am gone or the board is gone and at my age I doubt the board will be gone before me.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Having been on this board for more than twenty years I'd definitely agree that it has changed. But then, as people we all change. Early on there was more talk about prairie dogs, varmint calling/hunting etc. With changes in administration we all know about the glitches that caused many to leave. Nothing lasts forever. OTOH- I for one am pretty well satisfied with the evolution of this board. I have quite a bit in common with many, maybe even most of the regulars. I don't call varmints anymore, so I don't miss that. I only make one or two pd safaris in the course of a year, so that's not my number one priority either. I DO like to hear a little from a bunch of my friends everyday and I check in every morning even if I don't have anything to add to the conversation. Most of my current friendships have either come directly from this board or from extensions of it. I happen to like the way it is. If I want specific load information I'll go to Accurate Shooter and if want to to pick up some nuance of benchrest I'll visit benchrest central. But this place is where my friends hangout and I like it just the way it has become.

Rick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.