Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You better after you read this and see the pic!

so how big is the new laptop? I am not sure my pick-up will carry it on the next road trip.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great picture...

of the future from the past.

Aren't "Scientists" like the ones that predicted this scenario the same ones that are predicting "Global Warming?"

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yea that one is on the wall at work...we laugh...

You better after you read this and see the pic!

so how big is the new laptop? I am not sure my pick-up will carry it on the next road trip.
Cause even more, not because of the homecomputer crack, because FORTRAN is still the workhorse of alot of scientific computing today.
Luckily my project is in C++. Hehe.

DB

·
Registered
299 Posts
Nahhh.. Ya goofed it..

Aren't "Scientists" like the ones that predicted this scenario the same ones that are predicting "Global Warming?"
.. Those are the ones that were predicting that the next Ice Age was upon us.!! Get yer stuff straight, Bub.!! :D

.. Cool pic and a good lesson.. Don't believe nothing ya see printed.. Remember the "effortless" home of the future from way back when.? We're all s'posed to have nothin but time on our hands by now.!! Yeah right.. We'd kill each other.. And ain't we s'posed to be a "paperless society" since the computer took-over.? :rolleyes:

.. I dunno, but I would be lost, at least for a little while, w/o my PC anymore.. It's a great resource for spending money and collecting BS.. Some of my favorite past times.. d:^) Jake

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now I understand it all better if it is a WOMAN thing!

the wheel is... the wheel of emotion

the dials are the dials of diversity

the screen is the one that has a special remote the one us guys can never find in the couch that controls the MEN-O -PAUSE cycle she has and alwasy keeps us from havuing that special night they always promise us and then something happens to spoil the mood or the kids come home early or she has a headache.

the typewriter has the keys to the new Ferrari she will drive when she takes all your stuff and the 18 year old gardener named Jose.

And the nerd standing next to it.... he is your new psychiatrist or the new parole officer you just received because you have no more money to pay the new child support the court just ordered you to pay even though you just lost your job!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hug my computer, yeah...

Stupid Verizon and their version of "Customer Service" are why I have been offline for almost two weeks with no end in sight. Didn't realize how much I would miss the interweb! but I can get in limited posting from work, like right now.

6mmRemington

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
The "Good Old Days"

complete with the latest 110 baud TTY with a punch tape reader. Wooo-Hooo, no more punch cards!!! Why didn't they show the acoustic coupler modem with a rotary phone???? Must have still been classified?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.