Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy - I was on the board over 15 years ago, almost 20. I was a high power service rifle competitor and indoor smallbore shooter. Then my daughter was born and life got hectic. She's started college this fall. I actually bought my Anschutz 2007 the day she was born. It hasn't seen use in about 17 years now.

My dad passed from Alzheimer's a few years ago and I haven't hunted since. Just trying to slowly get back into the shooting world. Thought I would start with a group from the old days that I remember.

John

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome back John. I seem to remember you from back then. Aren’t you from Wisconsin. And if I remember correctly we met at the Mpls gun club for a match. My problem is that memories from 20years ago are pretty damn fuzzy. Sometimes I don’t remember what I did last week. LOL
But any way Welcome back.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Welcome and glad you kept your rifles. Take that Annie and your service rifle out for a spin when it warms up a bit, after a good cleaning and familiarization. Lots of 22lr ammo has changed in the last 5 years, so look for something to try, unless you have a big stash from years ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I am from Wisconsin. Some of the best folks I've run across have been at high power matches....
In any regard, thanks for the welcome back to the forum.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
It must be the week for Wisconsinites to come back here. I wasnt gone nearly as long as you were, but I came back this week too. Un fortunately I live to the left of MKE....
Welcome back!

Steven

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love the John Wayne quote Steven - my son used that for his senior yearbook quote.

He's a smart kid... takes after his mother.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts