Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this state. Family stationed at Fort Sill. Is it legal to shoot varmints on any public lands in Ok? What varmints do you like to shoot? Do you shoot any varmints on public lands if allowed? What types of guns do you like to shoot varmints? I asked ODWC by email about what a "varmint" was defined as and they told me any species not listed in their hunting regs as a protected species. I also asked them if shooting varmints on any public lands was permitted but they did not answer me. They told me to call them on the telephone and ask them questions if I'm not clear on regs.

Should one call the mangers of individual public lands and ask them about hunting unprotected species on their properties? I know no private landowners. Does any WLM areas near SW Oklahoma offer any "varmint" shooting opportunities? Google doesn't seem to offer much information on the sport of varminting specifically in the Sooner state. If a guy wants to kill nasty unwanted animals for fun, I would think it might be welcomed with open arms. :unsure:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts