Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a friend trade me this scope some time ago, and would like to ID it, so I can determine what it's value might be....

It's a gloss black Redfield, adjustable objective with small raised target knobs (no provision for turret covers, just knurled knobs. Objective is about 2 inches and the eyepiece is about 1 inch. Both ends are threaded and have screw on steel lens caps. The body appears to be steel and it's marked Redfield 16X just below one of the adjustment knobs. Oh, it's a long scope, stretching 23.25 inches and is not a one piece design. The main tube is one piece but the objective bell is at least two pieces. I can snap a quick pic if someone wants one to ID it, but my pic host site is down atm, so it'd have to be e-mailed. My e-mail addy is [email protected]

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Jared

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sounds like a 6400

Redfield in Denver made two target scopes in the early seventies. One, the6400 is what you have and the oter the 3200 was more for the rimfire crowd, although I had one mounted on a high power. The 3200 was a looongg scope that had one mount on the barrel and the other on the reciever. Both scopes I believe were avalaible in 12,16,20and 24 power. Croshairs were .25" dot or fine crosshair. I have no idea the value of them today; In their day they were a top of the line optic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve-
That is axcellent information, thank you very much! I just sent a couple pics to your e-mail. Please let me know if they don't make it for some reason.

Thanks again!
-Jared

1 - 4 of 4 Posts