Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My best friend gave me his scope mounted spotlight for some reason.:confused: I,m not sure why now as it's been over a year ago. I thought it wouldn't work till I hooked it up to a battery:). It's the kind of light(Nightforce I'm thinking) like PH, and a few others on here like to use, but personaly, I hate a light attatched to my gun. I prefer a hand held light.

This is the smaller version. It seems to be around 250,000 CP or so, and is about 5"-6" instead of the big 10"-12" like PH uses.

I'm trying to figure out how to mount it in a hand held spotlight housing, or at least to mount a handle/trigger set-up on it. It didn't burn long for him with the tiny battery it came with, but it lasts a looooong time with a bigger 12 volt battery like a small motorcycle type. It's just about what I consider to be perfect as far as the brightness, and beam width. It's worthless to me in it's present condition, but it'd be awsome if it could be converted to a hand held light.

Any of you ever done this, or have any suggestions on what might work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Hey Jerry..

.. Here's a link to the "Accessories" page over at Tuff Lights.. Maybe something there would help..

http://www.tufflights.com/ItemList.asp?CatID=16

..I hope y'all had a great Christmas and would like to get up more there this year..
..BTW.. Looks like ya have a buddy on p. 164 of the latest VHM.. d:^) Jake

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Jerry, I think you have one of the Optronics lights. I have one and like it very much; useful up to maybe 150 yards due to low power. I think you could replace the small battery with one of the batterys used with the **** Huntin lights which are larger and have more power. I forget their name but all the **** Hunters use them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts