Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And they are very accurate. When I first got them I thought they would not exit a coyote. They blew through leaving a small hole and killed the coyote in his tracks. Shot a 4-point mulie buck with them as well. Hit him in the throat. VERY dead.
Why did Clint stop making bullets?
Kirk

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Clint didn't exactly stop making bullets, he stopped making them full time as a primary source of income. He still cooks up a batch from time to time. When he does, he posts here first then on a couple other boards and then on ebay. However, I don't think he makes the 25s at all anymore. I'm not at all sure of that last part though.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yea he does not do it as a fulltime job anymore..

Clint didn't exactly stop making bullets, he stopped making them full time as a primary source of income. He still cooks up a batch from time to time. When he does, he posts here first then on a couple other boards and then on ebay. However, I don't think he makes the 25s at all anymore. I'm not at all sure of that last part though.
And the 25 dies are gone. JeffinND owned the dies and he sold the equipment to another person. No word the other person made any or not.

Clint still runs special batches of bullets and sells them on ebay. He usually posts here when he has them on there.

Not sure why stopped doing it as a business so to speak. Family and what not I guess.

Sadly Berger stopped producing their 72gr and 78gr 25 Calibers too. So there are no more sub 75gr spitzer bullets anymore.

DB

·
Registered
50 Posts
The tail of the 25 Cal Bullet Dies

I got hooked on the 25 cal cartridges (257DGR namely) and work on getting Clint to start making 25 caliber bullets.

I stumbled on a set of BR quality dies (and all the equipment to make the bullet) and tried to convince Clint to buy the stuff. Long story short I ended up buying the stuff and "leasing" the dies to Clint.

The combination of Clint's knowledge and the high quality dies made excellent bullets.

Clint decided to pursue other means of making ends meet and I ended up with all of my 25 caliber stuff back from him.

With Clints help a managed to make a few hundred 85/87 gr 25 caliber varmint bullets but had no time or space to do it on a regular basis.

I ended up sell in the dies to another guy that like me had plans of makeing 25 caliber bullets as a hobby and selling a few to the die hard 25 caliber nuts like myself. I have not heard from him in over a year and the last I did hear he had not gotten around to making any bullets yet.

I have questioned him regarding selling the dies but at least the last time I asked (for one of you 25 caliber nuts on GGVG) he was not interested in selling them. If someone would be interested in buying them I could look him up again and see if he has changed his mind.

You would be looking at something close to $2,000 for the dies, presses and what not.

I sure wise Clint was still making the 25's as my 257DGR loves the 85 and 87 gr RPVB and I am all but out of them.

Good Hunting
Jeff in ND

·
Registered
272 Posts
Ed,

I can't seem to get used to this new board layout and couldn't find how to send a PM so I will just post here.

Yep, I'm interesed in them you can e-mail me directly with what you need for them. My e-mail is: [email protected]

Thanks
Jeff in ND
Jeff,

Just take a gander up at the top-right corner of the page, just under the sponsor logo. If you're logged in, you will see your user name, your last visit, and a link entitled: Private Messages.

Also, if you're not logged in, next time you log in you can click a box that allows you to stay logged in on that particular computer.

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
73 Posts
i'll chime in

Clint's bullets are one of the few shooting items that I will heavily invest in. I have been hording as many as I can afford. The 36's are magical in my hornet.

I think they are one of the best bullets ever made for the varmint hunter.

s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.