Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back from a short trip and got a load of fun and got to see some old friends AND SOME new ones. I am out and about this morning hunting the yotes that have been raising cane around here and they must pay, I hope I have better luck with them than that darn cat that is a bane n my side. and yes Rosster it is still alive. Mayve this cold weather will end his days, and some lack of cat piss would help a lot in the shop. \
So good moring guys and have a good one.
Mike Murphy
PS , any one want a 460 vsx s&W WILL TRADE FOR ABOUT ANY THING THAT IS WORTH WHAT IT IS.

·
Premium Member
8,904 Posts
morning MLM- road trip to whittakers Monday

three of the Team Tenn. guys (i'm the water boy in training) went to whittakers yesterday in search of that factory gun that will bring first place to Tenn. at BBB and Top Gun. I called Darrel Whittaker and found he had a Salvage LRP (long range precision) right bolt, left port, 223 with the 9 twist. Junebug has been looking for one for a while so a call back to Junebug was in order. Got junebug one the phone and the said he was leaving for Owensboro 11 a.m. and can you go with me. I can never turn down a road trip on a gun junket so, there went another day i didn't get any trigger time. i called darrel and told him to hold the gun for Junebug and we were off. John krusan called about this time and he wanted to go. John wanted to trade for a Cooper but could not narrow down the choices so he is going to think about which caliber he wanst for a few days. On the 3 hour ride home he decided that the 257 A. I. would be the one.
Darrel only had one of those Salvage LRP's. Super Doc, Slick Greyfox, and Junebug will go to the 200 yd. line with Salvage for Team Tenn. this spring. I will be trying to keep enought gator aid to them while they shoot through the wind. i have got to get to the range Wednesday. we had a great trip. George of Ky., Greyfox, and Super Doc were consulted via cell phone one our migration. Doc could not slip Nurse Goooooooodbody to make the trip. He has never been to Whittaker's. Darell had at least 30 to35 Coopers on display. everyone have a nice day. i will be in Hartsville
tue., thur., sat., and pikeville Friday.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Welcome back!

...And then there's this guy called "The Murph"
Was away a playin' in the surf!
While he was away,
Tha varmints did play!
But Murph is back now reclaimin' his turf!

...to be continued...:D

Welcome back you ol Buckeye!! Glad to see ya made it back and had some fun! Ya didn't miss much 'cept some cold weddah. We missed you, and I'm glad to see ya pickin' up on the varmints right off the bat!

As usual this time of year, the gang is huntin' yotes n teasin' eachother 'bout the upcoming BBB and lookin' forward to warmer weddah an the sweet smell of the prairies in spring (and you know where I mean;) )

Glad you're back, buddy. Time to put the pieces of this secret weapon of yorn together and get practicin'. That goes for the rest of us too!

Well, I spect the ol RAT is still sawing logs...or spoonin wid Maggie. If the latter be the case, we'll not disturb the ol phardt. (At his age, bout all he can do is a little spoonin and rememberin' :D )

Well, y'all have a goodun. Take the time to enjoy something from every day. Our days here are numbered, after all...:rolleyes:

P.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Whittaker's

I can remember a Whittaker's guns in Leitchfield, KY. Is this the same guy. He once inadvertantly sold me a pair of stolen pistols. They were Colt-38 special, Python Target models. They ended up not being stolen, it was a government mix up. But they still held my pistols for almost a month. Tom.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Good Morning

Morning Paul and Birdog...Welcome back home Mike. I know you had a good trip cause you stayed gone and that's a good thang. Well nutin round here has changed cept the crowing of who's gonna whop who at the BBB.:D The Tn guys are getting some serious range time in though and it will be interesting to see if that helped.;) have a good day guys.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Goood morning..

.. it's cooold here in Georgia this morning. Have a great day.

.. and, ya'll turn2

·
Registered
698 Posts
Good Morning Gang

I'm Glad to see yall up and stirring. Murph, glad that you made it home in one piece and I am dying to make a trip to Whitakers. I do get to window shop on their website. Well it is 43 degrees and rain is on the way in South Louisiana...a. typical January down south.-Cliff-

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Good Morning Murph & Tha GGVG Gang

A goooooooooooooooood morning to everyone from a much warmer
Southern, Ky. 31.6* here this morning (still not exactly hot) but not
bad for the end of January. Could be ice & snow. Sure good to see
you back & up & attum Murph. When it comes to cats they belong in
the barn or corn crib. Other than that they are just "targets". :eek:
I see that "Tha Old Grey Rooster" (heavy on tha old & grey) is up
this morning struttin & crowing as usual.:rolleyes: I think Ami needs
to trim his "tail feathers" just a wee bit. :p Hey Rooster, I will have you
to know that there is still "a lot of fire" left in the furnace. Just becasue
there is a little snow in the whiskers doesn't necessarily mean the fire
has gone out. ;) Just becasue you may be suffering from those symptoms
doesn't mean that the rest of us "old phardts" are. :eek: Worked on some
of the 220 Swift brass a little yesterday. Got 50 of the 250 rounds for
one of them neck turned. Got to take off just enough to true up the necks
in order for the cases to chamber. The other Swift has a factory chamber.
Murph, again, good to have you home & back with the GGVG Gang. Hope
each of you has a great day today. God Bless.

Don M.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Good Morning or I think its morning=

Well alright then=
I slept so much last nite -I'm not sure
if its day or nite-very unusual for me
Hope John B. made it OK to LA(Lousiana)
Sounds like Rooster,Mike M and Mr. Don
are back in good form(all is in place in the Universe)=
wife may have slipped me a Mickey last nite and took
advantage of me whilse I slept(I wish) :D
I wish I could have gone to Whitaker's w/ the Dog and crew yesterday
as Team Tenn is aka Salvage Guns Inc. in the factory class
this year=Got a short roady today after 250 miles and 7 Nursing Homes
yesterday-Nurse GoodBody knows no mercy :D
make it a great day
over and out
Doc:)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Good Morning MLM & Crew

Good morning to everyone! It's good to hear from you all this morning. The weather man is saying a winter storm is headed our way and suppose to hit us on Thursday, Yeah Right! I told my wife I will believe it when I see it, they have forecasted snow all winter and have missed it, the law of averages should kick in sooner or later and maybe they will hit one right. Murph I thought of you the other day, I seen a local fellow walking beside the ditch line picking up cans and I wondered how you were a doing. Take care everyone and have a wonderful day! :)

·
Registered
13,940 Posts
Mornin Murphy and the gang.

Murph we had better get them RUGERS tuned up because it sounds like that everyone is tring to make it a savage show at the BBB. Glad you made it home safe and sounds like you had a good time. If you got one of them RUGERS stuck back in one of them safe's brake it out and get'er tuned up. Hope all has a good day.

Donnie and the gang

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Too Bad about Voldoc

He'll never get out of those nursing homes today; Some of the staff will Grab'em and throw him in a bed for sure. Doc we'll miss you on here.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Whittaker Guns is in a little community called West Louisville. It's maybe 10-12 miles west/southwest of Owensboro. They definitely have the largest stock of guns I've ever seen and enough Coopers to make most any shooter drool all over himself.

One thing though, never ask their advice about what scope mounts/bases go on which rifle. They've managed to sell me the wrong stuff at least three times. I think I've learned my lesson on that one. Other than that, very good place to do business.

Rick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.