Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mentioned on here before for you guys take a few days and come out. Here’s the deal….I am picking weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday) of June 18. Mainly because school will be out and if you want to bring family (grandkids) they can run up and down the river, ride horses, shoot 22’s, ring steel out to wherever they are welcome to come. We can accommodate 26 at the lodge, and probably 3-4 more in the trailer, and 4-6 in spare bedrooms here. No charge on lodging and steak supper will be provided on Saturday night. I have a lady who will prepare the meals if you all want someone, or the wives can putter around and fix sandwiches, desserts, or whatever. I’ll add to this post as needed. If wanting to fly, we are 2 1/2 hours from either Oklahoma City or Amarillo, TX.
If flying you could probably car pool with others as needed. I mentioned 4 days, but you aren’t obligated for all, you can come for 2-3 if you want.

We have 5 stand trap range, and pistol, and 22 range, and 100 yard and 500 yard out the door of the lodge. Just north of my house is long range shooting, with steel targets out to about 1500 yards. If you want long range, you can walk out my back door and shoot at Texas.

I think Charlie is going to pin this post. If you want to ask questions I will try to answer them on here or PM or whatever. You can chat on here too about anything you would want to do or ask about.

Prayers for our Country, Israel, and all Y’all.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
That "Hilton" lodge is absolutely stunning inside. All Cedar cut from the ranch, finished and hand built. Photos are on line which show a lot of it.
The Ranch is not hard to get to....I-40 is less than an hour away I think. Old Scoundrel Bruce brought me in the "Scenic" route over 20 miles of Red Dirt roads. But I left on Paved Roads...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
If there is any way I can make it I am in. My wife is retiring at the end of the school year.

Reactions: Bruce Eakins

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
I would like to pencil this in. Maybe shoot that 22 mag I sold you years back....'06 +/- ? ;) & grinnn. I'll bet TX will shoot back!

Reactions: Bruce Eakins

·
Premium Member
5,261 Posts
Very generous indeed!!...I told my wife about it and I think we'll have it on the schedule for sure after she checked out the FB page and looked at the pics. Roughly a 14-15 hr drive according to gps.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
Now that I'm re-tarred, I'm finding I need things to look forward to, Bruce, and your offer is both generous and attractive. My older daughter lives just north of Houston, so attending this gathering and then visiting her would be a nice trip. Might even have to swing about 4 hours east of Houston and visit Baton Rouge, where Mr. Jerry and "*******" Cliff live. It's been far too long since I've seen many of my GoGo friends.

LET'S GO, OTIS!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Bruce,
The invite is much appreciated and as I told you if this is gonna happen I think this is the way to do it. My kids would tell you I don't make promises unless I'm pretty sure I can keep them. I have a pd shoot planned for the end of May and a match to direct near the first of June, but that leaves the date for yours open AFAIK right now. If nothing that I can't change interferes I am planning to be there.

Rick

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
Please INK Dinah and I in. A stand up offer. A great chance for some of the GGVG Gang to palaver.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts