Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read that Hodgdon has bought three powder lines from Western Powders. The three are Ramshot, Accurate and Blackhorn 209. Impact on reloaders will vary, I suspect. Read about it here.

·
Registered
12,555 Posts
I seen that....not 100% sure its agood thing...eggs in one basket.

·
Registered
9,330 Posts
Read the article and several of the comments. You can’t tell the players without a program. Who makes what? Who simply relabels somebody else’s product. That said, powder has little value if you can’t get primers.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
They already had IMR and Hodgdon brands, and had the marketing rights for Winchester powders. I was trying to find ought if they bought the Western powders were outright purchase or if they were marketing rights. It is really worrisome if Biden does get elected, and Nancy will kill them off for sure.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
You don't have to kill the Guns....Just remove the Ammo.
It may be a while, but it will happen.

Reactions: WDSWIFT

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I've shot Accurate Powder for years, IMO a very good company, anytime I had a question you could call and talk to a real person, I called a couple of months ago for some help with a Win 243 WSSM and talked with Don, he has been there for years. I hope they don't loose that personal touch dealing with customers, but wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

·
Administrator
3,031 Posts
I had forgotten that I used Accurate 3100 for a few years with the 100gr Sierra in my 6mm. I had excellent luck for accuracy with it, I had switched over from IMR4831, this was in the mid to late 80's. In looking back through my records 45.0gr gave me 5 shot groups that always were right around 0.075".

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Right there's the concern. Haven't seen any 9mm or 5.56 for sale at the LGS since late in March. Good post JR. JMHO. WD

You don't have to kill the Guns....Just remove the Ammo.
It may be a while, but it will happen.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
George, You are correct AA3100 is an excellent powder for 243/6mm. It has taken many a WV Whitetail, 42.0 gr. and an 80 gr.Speer Spitzer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts