Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home from our first deployment of P Dog Wars 2018 about 2 hours ago. Had two days of good shooting south of Vivian. The towns were heavily populated but apparently had been shot recently. Haven't seen that many pds in one spot for years but as soon as we got out of the truck they went down. All we had to do was be patient. They'd come up here and there and get shot. We were on them for almost 10 hours Wednesday. Got into the low 90s with enough wind to push .223, .204s, and .17 bullets around but I'm still amazed how well the .17 Fireball does in the wind.

Took Julie's brother and his wife along. She loved it and he was moaning about how much it was going to cost him to be properly outfitted next time they go. They took a Savage .223, an AR, and a 10/22. The Savage got all their action but they also shot our .204s and .17 Fireballs and HMRs. I see rifles and swivel tables in their future. She's ready to go back now.

We left before sun-up Friday and my weather app showed high wind and thunderstorm warnings for Friday and today. Looks like our timing was pretty good.

Rack up one more great time fighting off the marauding hordes of prairie dogs.

·
Registered
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks

Doug, glad yall had a good trip. Ammo arrived safely,
gratuity ck should be there by now. LDS
The check has arrived Larry. Better keep an eye on your ammo next year. Pretty good part-time job for me. :D Thanks.

Oh yeah. The guy at the UPS service center said "that must be some special ammo". I told him it's an experimental round designed to bust two balloons with each shot.

·
Registered
977 Posts
The check has arrived Larry. Better keep an eye on your ammo next year. Pretty good part-time job for me. :D Thanks.

Oh yeah. The guy at the UPS service center said "that must be some special ammo". I told him it's an experimental round designed to bust two balloons with each shot.
Now you have gone and done it, ya let out a BIGGGGGG secret.
LDS :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Glad to you a good trip and a safe return. Sounds like we overlapped a little. We got some of the rain, wind & hail, both there and on the way home, but no damage.

Rick

·
Premium Member
4,665 Posts
Sounds like you had a good time and corrupted someone else! How did the shooters world powder end up doing for you?

I seen a bunch of dogs along the interstate in western KS and eastern CO and seen a few in Utah as well.....my wife thought that was the most excited I got the whole trip.:D

Let me know if you still want to modify your table sometime soon.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Sounds like you had a successful trip and good shooting, am leaving on Monday morning for annual dog shooting and heading home on Friday. With dogging the weather is the the thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts