Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
What?

Not going to criticize what I haven't shot and these are most likely very accurate bullets but at that price, in today's GUN MARKET, they can't last except for a few die hard accuracy fans. And then the company will claim, "Lack of sales is the reason for 'discontinuing' them. With today's prices, and worst yet, the damn government's aggressive leaning on gun owners, who wants to invest too much money into the 'sport' anymore? Here in The Peoples' Republic of Illinois the time is coming, and soon, to have a waiting period just to buy a box of loaded .22 Rim Fire rounds Plus a possible "per cartridge" tax, too! Our fuggin' Damnocrats will have it no other way and they are in charge of everything thanks to the Chicago syndicate, er, politicians, they call themselves! It's no wonder 'drive-byes' are so popular in Cook County (CHICAGO)! Nothing is legal there anymore unless you are a crooked Democrat!:eek:
Darrel

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Not going to criticize what I haven't shot and these are most likely very accurate bullets but at that price, in today's GUN MARKET, they can't last except for a few die hard accuracy fans. And then the company will claim, "Lack of sales is the reason for 'discontinuing' them. With today's prices, and worst yet, the damn government's aggressive leaning on gun owners, who wants to invest too much money into the 'sport' anymore? Here in The Peoples' Republic of Illinois the time is coming, and soon, to have a waiting period just to buy a box of loaded .22 Rim Fire rounds Plus a possible "per cartridge" tax, too! Our fuggin' Damnocrats will have it no other way and they are in charge of everything thanks to the Chicago syndicate, er, politicians, they call themselves! It's no wonder 'drive-byes' are so popular in Cook County (CHICAGO)! Nothing is legal there anymore unless you are a crooked Democrat!:eek:
Darrel
Darrel, I don't live in Illinois, so I can't say that I 100% understand how you feel. But I hate to see a good man throw in the towel too soon, y'know?

Look at it this way, on Election Night 2016, all the polls, all the commentators, all the know-it-alls, all the Democratic politicians were grinning, backslapping and predicting Hillary would win going away. That's a fact. But when the dust settled, the Silent Majority was victorious.

In Isaiah 35, you can read "Say unto them that are of a fearful heart, "Be of good cheer, and fear not. ... " No, we can't just kick back and hope God will always do it all, but if we do our part, I think God will do his.

So, what is your part, Darrel? Do you vote in every election, and I do mean EVERY election from dog catcher to president? Are you doing anything as part of a local sportsman's club or other group that is pro-gun? Do you regularly write or call the office of your state rep and senator? If they are crooked Democrats, have you called your local and state Republican party headquarters to ask what you can do to help?

If you truly believe the "fuggin' Damnocrats" are coming for our guns, what have you done to prepare for that day? Are you just going to roll over on your back like a whipped pup? You don't strike me as that sort.

OK, now let's get back to poking fun at a company that thinks it's a good idea to offer outrageously priced bullets.

Carpe diem!
Carpman

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
Hey precision shooters. How about this one? Coming to market soon. Check the video.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1...-image-link&utm_campaign=hornady-atip-bullets
I figured out why the cost is so high, Doug. It's not the bullets, it's that hot, sexy red bag that you get. I mean, just look at it. I can tell that bag isn't el cheapo cotton flannel. No, no, no! That bag is made from select wool from carefully chosen sheep. Gotta have me one of those, boys! :D:eek:

·
Registered
465 Posts
What have I done?

Well, to answer your first question, my first answer to voting is that I have NOT missed any election and opportunity to vote since Johnson lied about Goldwater in '64 concerning nuking the world! I'm a past member and officer of our local gun club but after two heart attacks and two very bad knees I'm no longer able to stay active there at 74 years old. My state Rep. & Sen. are practically on speed dial and I have their office email addresses. They hear from me monthly in the least. Generally, weekly! My Federal Rep.(R) and Senators(D), the same way. Dick Durbin(D) is one of our Senators! He's a tough row to hoe! Our state level Republican party does nothing to any extent. Can't even get them on the phone unless it's the line to donate money! The same with the National Republican Headquarters; they haven't the time to talk to some 'deplorable bastard' from fly-over country! They don't even have a public e-mail address that the general public can use!!!
As for coming after our guns here in The Peoples' Republic of Illinois, that is NOT B.S. or just idle talk! The bills have been written and are waiting for the State "officials" to get back to the Capitol next week to begin voting on them! They do have arrangements pending for confiscation of firearms to be voted on, a waiting period to buy loaded ammo, a per cartridge tax on ammo, and a listing of all known gun owners AND MORE! A bill to allow your neighbor or an angry wife to have your guns taken from you has ALREADY PASSED so as to protect a gunowner from "hurting himself"! If you get caught in The Peoples' Republic with a loaded cartridge, ONE is enough, in your pocket and you don't have a FOID(Firearm Owners Identification Card) you get locked up NOW, under current law! If you are found in possession of a firearm w/o the holy card, you go directly to jail under current law. That just happened to a guy here in town this week! It's already happening but the NRA (Nat'l Rats' Ass Assoc.) hasn't accomplished crap in this state but still want money! The law is on the Dems/Liberals side already and bad things are already happening but no one seems to care or is doing anything about it! Ever hear the term, "It's too late"? THAT appears to be the problem. We have slept too long already! No, I've spent a lifetime fighting for my 'gun rights' and the Second Amendment and now, I'm tired of fighting! Too many others won't even vote. I'll never stop voting conservatively and for the Constitution but as it stands, let the damn Dems have 'em. I'm am worn out from the battle.
Darrel
Old Conservative Codger

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Well, to answer your first question, my first answer to voting is that I have NOT missed any election and opportunity to vote since Johnson lied about Goldwater in '64 concerning nuking the world! I'm a past member and officer of our local gun club but after two heart attacks and two very bad knees I'm no longer able to stay active there at 74 years old. My state Rep. & Sen. are practically on speed dial and I have their office email addresses. They hear from me monthly in the least. Generally, weekly! My Federal Rep.(R) and Senators(D), the same way. Dick Durbin(D) is one of our Senators! He's a tough row to hoe! Our state level Republican party does nothing to any extent. Can't even get them on the phone unless it's the line to donate money! The same with the National Republican Headquarters; they haven't the time to talk to some 'deplorable bastard' from fly-over country! They don't even have a public e-mail address that the general public can use!!!
As for coming after our guns here in The Peoples' Republic of Illinois, that is NOT B.S. or just idle talk! The bills have been written and are waiting for the State "officials" to get back to the Capitol next week to begin voting on them! They do have arrangements pending for confiscation of firearms to be voted on, a waiting period to buy loaded ammo, a per cartridge tax on ammo, and a listing of all known gun owners AND MORE! A bill to allow your neighbor or an angry wife to have your guns taken from you has ALREADY PASSED so as to protect a gunowner from "hurting himself"! If you get caught in The Peoples' Republic with a loaded cartridge, ONE is enough, in your pocket and you don't have a FOID(Firearm Owners Identification Card) you get locked up NOW, under current law! If you are found in possession of a firearm w/o the holy card, you go directly to jail under current law. That just happened to a guy here in town this week! It's already happening but the NRA (Nat'l Rats' Ass Assoc.) hasn't accomplished crap in this state but still want money! The law is on the Dems/Liberals side already and bad things are already happening but no one seems to care or is doing anything about it! Ever hear the term, "It's too late"? THAT appears to be the problem. We have slept too long already! No, I've spent a lifetime fighting for my 'gun rights' and the Second Amendment and now, I'm tired of fighting! Too many others won't even vote. I'll never stop voting conservatively and for the Constitution but as it stands, let the damn Dems have 'em. I'm am worn out from the battle.
Darrel
Old Conservative Codger
Darrel,
We face many of the very same things here in California. Our governor is an anti-gun fanatic, as are most of the state and federal representatives. We even had one representative, threatening law abiding citizens who think differently on gun control than him. He quickly backed off, calling it a “joke”. The only problem is, they aren’t kidding. This has become a very heated fight. I don’t think it’s going to end well. Many people I know, feel the same way. I do all of the things listed by the Kentucky Fisherman. I’m also, like you, fed up with NRA inaction in California. We do have the California Rifle & Pistol organization that has had some legal victories against the state.

I’m a native Californian, as is my wife. We grew up in a beautiful state. Hunting and fishing were common in the state. Then came the “invasion” from every direction. People want to live here for the weather, pacific coast, lakes and beautiful mountains(later “free love”and drugs)The start of a long decline, which now has us looking like a 3rd world country. Crime, illegals, taxes, 1000’s of new laws, corruption and terrible infrastructure. Most of the places I used to hunt are now covered in homes. The median price for a home in the county of San Francisco is $1.2 million. To top it off, the state is run by rich liberal elitists. The thought of a armed citizen terrifies them.

I’m a stubborn Irishman, with little or no patience for fools. I believe in the Constitution. To me, it supersedes any prohibitive law passed by the state. We are very close to the tipping point here. We as individuals will need to decide our course of action. I for one, never intend to give in.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
I’m a stubborn Irishman, with little or no patience for fools. I believe in the Constitution. To me, it supersedes any prohibitive law passed by the state. We are very close to the tipping point here. We as individuals will need to decide our course of action. I for one, never intend to give in.
JC, I can feel the anger, pain, and sincerity in your post. Lots of Americans are feeling the same way, trying to figure out what to do. This Silent Majority of "traditional Americans" got Trump elected in 2016 and should have no problem doing the same in 2020. When the ultra-libs fail to steal that election, I think that may push them totally over the edge. Be ready.

It doesn't sound like you want to leave your beloved California, but you'd be accepted and would almost surely love life in any of the "flyover states." Good luck.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So

So................Are those ATips too expensive? Will some guys try them regardless of the cost? How does the price compare to what they're shooting now? :D

I'm lucky enough to only be curious. They aren't available in any caliber I shoot so far.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I guess I'm too much of a cheapskate.... shooting is getting more costly in so many unexpected ways. Used to be if you didnt have a place to shoot, ask the guy on the other side of the fence... no more..... surplus ammo was as cheap as .22 ammo. Hell, now 22 ammo isnt as cheap as 22 ammo.... I have paid more for bullets, but not often and only for turned bullets....

Steven

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have been shooting Speer "Hot-Cor" bullets in my hunting rifles for the last 30 years and have never had one fail to perform it's intended task.. You guys, with the deep pockets, keep buying every new bullet that comes out and I'll just stick with my tried and true Speer's..

JMHO

·
Administrator
4,333 Posts
I have shot Speer, Hornady and Sierra bullet for 50yrs now and have always had excellent luck with them. I don't have the type of rifles that would benefit from paying the type of money they will get for those projectiles. I did watch the video and while it was interesting it didn't change my mind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.