Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
I believe the coefficient rate is better for the 204 than the 223 for the 40 grain bullet. I shoot the 39 grain Blitzking because they buck the wind better than the 32 grain bullet. I would use the bullet that shoots the best out of your gun the best for paper. Check out the 35 grain Berger bullet as well. I prefer shooting my 204 over my 223, more fun factor.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts
204 bullets

Been lotsa' talk about this at various places. Our CZ 527 Varmint shows a definite preference for the 32 VMax. The Savage M12 doesn't care what you feed it. It shoots everything very well. The AR has been on a limited diet of 32s and hasn't tasted anything else. I haven't tried the 39 BK much yet but, from what others are saying, it seems to shoot well in just about everything.

Bottom line for me is that the 204 is a great p dog round. BTW, I think Midway is advertising a sale on Winchester 204 brass.

·
Registered
303 Posts
204 Bullet

I have a Remington 700 VLS and a Browning A Bolt, both in 204. Both guns love the 39 gr Blitzkking, pay attention to COL for each individual gun. On paper the Blitzking is untouchable, they will make you look awesome.

But if I am going killing, I shoot the 40 gr Bergers for terminal performance.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
If your shooting paper at 100 yrds. the BC of the bullet really doesn`t mean much. My CZ love the 32 gr. Serrias and the 39 gr . Serrias next for accuracy. Both bullets are great groundhog bullets, but to thin skinned for coyote, they just don`t penitrate well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I shoot the 39 BK in my 204. The 204 shoots flat so it makes up for my inability to judge distance in the dog towns. I get more splat factor on prairie dogs from the 40 BK in 222.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.