Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Headed to Va. Beach this weekend for some Rock Fish and some fun. Weather looks like some showers on Sunday but the temps should be in the 60's.....I'll take that kind of weather on the ocean in January. This is the photo from new years eve last year. Two hour boat ride to find the birds, half hour of fishing, two hour boat ride back to the dock. 18 fish in a half hour, that was fun. I only got to reel in one rod, but it had a 29" and 36" on the two hooks.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Am I missing something here.??:confused:

Those look like stripers to me, or is Rockfish just another name for Stripers...

Dave

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I normally try and sleep through the whole new years eve thing, but this year I think I'll stop down to the corner and pick up about $20 worth of fireworks and add to the show here in the neighborhood. If last year is any indication, I won't be able to sleep anyway.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Am I missing something here.??:confused:

Those look like stripers to me, or is Rockfish just another name for Stripers...

Dave
Larry hit the nail on the head. Around here, you'll hear them called, Stripers, Rockfish, Striped Bass, Rock, Rock's, Rockies, Rocker's, you name it. I'll call them Rockfish or Stripers, depends on the mood. I caught one in the bay I called BFF! LOL! He was 49"s and FAT! Phil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts