Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the thread pitch for the receiver is metric for the Howa 1500, but does anyone happen to know what the actual pictch might be?

Also, I see where a lot of people complain about the Howa trigger and say that the lock time is as slow as a rifle can get. Is there any validity to that?

Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Howa

If you contact Kevin Weaver he converted mine to a 20 Bobcat just awhile back. Dogsgone

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Phone Number or e-mail?

If you contact Kevin Weaver he converted mine to a 20 Bobcat just awhile back. Dogsgone
Would you happen to have an e-mail or phone address for Kevin Weaver?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice Trigger

Howa has the best triggers if fixed. Contact Alan Oliver as he is the doctor for that. He talked me through my first one and 3 oz. with no creep is better than my jewell. Good luck. Dave McCroskey

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. Do you have his contact info?

Where in N OK are you?

My great grandparents settled in that area. I still have a relatives around Stillwater.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Howa triggers

Dave lives in Stillwater OK. as for the triggers they are pretty easy to fix if you are reasonably handy and have access to stones for some polishing. Send me an email at [email protected] and I will try to help you out.

·
Registered
971 Posts
You have made a god choice with a Howa

I have used one in the PD fields for many a year and they have taken there share of PD's. I use the 308 in the SS Varmint for the long stuff. I did get lucky and get one over 500 with one shot early in the morning with no wind, don't try that about 2PM or you will be all over the place. They are a rifle that can stand some help like you said in the trigger and sometimes in the barrel with a tad of pressure in a certain place. I got real lucky one year and got one that lazed about 980 yards and the guys wanted me to did him out, it was about 112 out and I said you are nuts, if it had been maybe 1012 I may have but it did not help my standing one bit so whey sweat the small stuff. Have fun and spotting is as much fun as shooting for me at times, You get to see so much more and you get to see the best hang times also. Just clean them when they start to get on the warm side and they will last over 3000 rounds. Take care and have fun.
Mike Murphy

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks,

I am looking forward to getting it up and running, but I think it will take some time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts