Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an idea where to get a nice "varmint/bench/tactical" style stock for the Howa 1500? Looking for a synthetic/fiberglass stock. Thanks all!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Have you tried McMillan - I know they have some Wby Vanguard's as internet specials. I believe these will fit the 1500, depending on what is available (LA or SA, LH or RH). You might check with them. If not available, you can try to order one from them, but the lead time is often out there a ways.

·
Registered
233 Posts
If you are not totally set on a fiberglass stock, Boyd's has some very nice laminates for the 1500.

·
Registered
460 Posts
If you are not totally set on a fiberglass stock, Boyd's has some very nice laminates for the 1500.
I just got a deal on a new Stainless Howa 1500 that I want to convert into a 17 somethin' ruther and it came with a Boyd's stock on the factory rifle. It even says Boyd's on the butt of the recoil pad.

I guess some people say Boyd's are a little more work than some other brands, but I have had good luck with them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just got a deal on a new Stainless Howa 1500 that I want to convert into a 17 somethin' ruther and it came with a Boyd's stock on the factory rifle. It even says Boyd's on the butt of the recoil pad.

I guess some people say Boyd's are a little more work than some other brands, but I have had good luck with them.
I have 2 Rem XR-100's and the thumbhole stock that came on them sure looks like a Boyd's as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts