Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me and Tucker got in the stand we hunted out of Sat..
Heard 1 gobble and thought it was a jake. Well, turns out it was the 4 other ones that was with the 1 Elijah killed Sat. They came in the field and started toward us. Made it about half way and here comes 3 more down the field. We got to watch'em fight for about 45 minutes. When they went back in the woods, we got down and moved out the ridge about 3/4 mile. Saw a hen out in the field about 250 yards and moved up the fenceline about at the top of the field. Soon as I hit the call, 1 gobbled. Called for a few minutes and see some coming. Never did see the boss by 1 comes by us at about 30 yards. Tucker is set up but all he sees is the top of his head as he walks by. I could have shot him several times as I was setting a little higher up. He almost circles us and then heads back the same way he came in. I let him get out of shotgun range and pick up my gun (O/U) and shoot him with the 223.
9 1/4" heard and about 1" spurs.
Him and Elijah will probably be there in the morning to try for the big 1.
I'm taking a boy that works at the bus shop. Don't think he's ever killed 1 coming to the call.
Now to see if I can watch the back of my eyelids..lol

Donnie

· Registered
7,590 Posts
Man, I wish there'd been some way to have brought Miss Cindy up and have y'all take her. Sounds like this would have been a good year. But she's got her Saturdays all filled up, so there's not much I can do about that.

Congrats and thanks for taking us along on the hunts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.