Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped in the little store I usually stop by before going hunting and a feller walks up and asks if I'm going hunting. I've knowed him all my life and he seems like family. Another feller had told him he could go hunt on his farm, 1 I hadn't hunted on in 20 years or so. Well, we seen deer before we made it to the top of the field but it's really thick in the woods and that's where they went.
We got I. The woodline and set up, right off we see deer moving on both sides of us. All does and little 1s...he spots a buck and all I see is it rear-end and it's gone. Set there a couple hours and finally head up to the top to see how it looks now. Get about to the top a d set up, after about a hour we figure they are all beded up and start to leave. All the sudden a buck walks up over the road back, old log road, and ain't 20 yards away. He spots us but we don't move, he walks up the hill and gets about 35 yards away and he says he don't think he wants to shoot...well I tell him it's a pretty gooden , for a 12 year old, and he says ok. He shoots and I think he hit him back just a little. He takes off and runs about 140 yards a d I'm watching him in my scope, he beds down. We wait for about 30 minutes and then start the tracking. Found hardly no blood, until about 75 yards and then just a few drops. I was trailing where he .essed up the leaves. Didn't find any more blood til we got about 25 yards to him and he says I see him...he hadn't got any further he just slid down the hill. Drag wasn't too bad but I'm sure I'll fill it tomorrow...lol He's said he's wanting to go back this evening and get a 10 or bigger...lol
Hope this pic comes through, it's where it was laying when he laid hands on it...
Military camouflage People in nature Wood Tree Grass

Registered
Nice deer鈥
Charlie, that bow kill was A very good one.

Reactions: George Foster
1 - 10 of 10 Posts