Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never should have went into Tulsa today.

I am now the semi-proud owner of a Remington 700 ADL Syn in 243. Bought it at the WalMart SuperStore on South Lewis. It was $12.00 less with taxes then the base price at Sports Academy. And all Sports Academy had was the 700SPS Youth.

Wife said she didn't care for the Syn stock, I commented I could put in another stock I have and she put her foot down that I was not going to take this rifle apart in order to build another. I never should have told her about the NIB 700 VLS stock, trigger, floorplate and 22-250 barrel I got off another chatter on Bullshooters. Damn, she has a good memory!:(

OK.....now I need to order bases and a scope.

FYI: the WallyWorld Asst. Manager told me that within 2 weeks, they were going to stop selling guns in his store. He is from Taiwan originally, and thought stopping selling guns was a very bad idea.

Now.....do I even have room in the safe for this puppy?:D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Uh Oh lol

You going to leave it 243 or do some changes ? I have never owned a 6mm cartridge before my 243 wssm ( pretty much neck and neck with the 243 win) and I really like it.

Clint

·
Registered
109 Posts
.243 Win Rem M700 ADL's

Congrats on your new toy!! I have personnally sighted in two (2) Remmmy 700 ADL's in .243. If my experience's w/ these rifles is any indication, you will be a very "happy camper"!. Honestly, both rifles shot @ or near 1/2" w/ factory loads!!!! (5 shot groups!) I had a M700 ADL w/ walnut .22-250 that I never got to consistently group 1" (3 shot) groups @ 100 yds. w/ tailored handloads. Best of luck w/ your new toy, P.S., if you reload, try the Speer 70 gn. TNT' and H414 and never look back!! (P.S.S.:eek: , both of those 700 .243's wore "tupperware" stocks) FWIW Russ

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hogchaser, glad your ADL shot so....

well, the rifle that I spoke of is the only Remmy that I have ever owned that did not shoot to my expectations. I own several, and "knock on wood" they all shoot exceptionally well. The last couple that I have bought, I have not been real happy with the triggers, but they have still shot pretty well. FWIW Russ P.S. sorry to hear that you lost that rifle,can't imagine the feeling you experienced. Hope it never happens to any of us on this board ever again!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.