Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet Mr. Mojo. We pick him up in 2 weeks. He's 5 weeks old in the pic taken Sat. Pardon the pic quality. My stepdaughter "lost" the pics off her camera, so I had to scan the only hardcopies I printed before she lost them.

Happiness is a Lab puppy!

Charlie

Isn't he a cutie?

As you can see, he loves my stepdaughter.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I got a new dog Sat.

Good luck with yours too !
I got a pup - mother is full/papered old english bulldog (very large) which was to be bred with another of same type. However, a rez dog dug into the kennel when no one was looking & they ended up with 11 pups that most people wouldn't want. I got the only gold colored one, otherwise they seemed alike. They do have a snout like a more "normal" dog, but will be very large chested. Seems very smart. Night #1 was hell, but night two went perfect. I didn't realize until I got him home that he will probably be considered a "pit bull" - hope that is not a problem. The mother was very friendly so I have my fingers crossed. Any good advice about new pups ? Hope all goes well with yours. These are big committments for me - I'm a till death do us part type of guy with my wife/guns/dogs ect. Weird, huh?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good luck with yours too !
I got a pup - mother is full/papered old english bulldog (very large) which was to be bred with another of same type. However, a rez dog dug into the kennel when no one was looking & they ended up with 11 pups that most people wouldn't want. I got the only gold colored one, otherwise they seemed alike. They do have a snout like a more "normal" dog, but will be very large chested. Seems very smart. Night #1 was hell, but night two went perfect. I didn't realize until I got him home that he will probably be considered a "pit bull" - hope that is not a problem. The mother was very friendly so I have my fingers crossed. Any good advice about new pups ? Hope all goes well with yours. These are big committments for me - I'm a till death do us part type of guy with my wife/guns/dogs ect. Weird, huh?
Congats on the puppy Charlie! As for the bulldog, as long as you do not trim the ears even pits can sometiomes be overlooked. I never trimmed my bulldog's ears. This is Meg, a pit/english mix. Stayed a puppy for two years then truned out to be great!

·
Administrator
13,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
advice

Any good advice about new pups ?
The best advice I can offer is to SOCIALIZE the pup starting NOW. Take him everywhere with you (when you can) and let him be exposed to everything possible, noisy traffic, lots of people, kids especially. Let them make a fuss over him. Make sure he knows YOU are the alpha male and don't let any bad habits start. Nip them in the bud. NOW is the most crucial part of a puppy's life, his brain development is rapidly changing and whatever you do now will be remembered throughout his life.

You can teach an old dog new tricks...it's tough to UN-teach an old dog bad tricks.

Thanks, and good luck too!

Charlie

·
Registered
209 Posts
OLD pic

This was at my dog prime. Two pits, two pit/english mixs. All were big babbies. I have always made sure my dogs were raised right and respected not only me but all people. None of them were aggressive at all unless they had need to. I think the kids would have been the only thing they would have bitten because of. I would never ever own a dog I had to worry about. Right now my girls come with me to work and are around all kinds of noise and people. Sure makes a difference in them! I have a chihuahua now that is not mean, believe it or not! She is getting alittle grumpier than she was as a puppy though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.