Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Savage barrel

I think if you look at say PacNor or one of the other makers you'll find he can get a better quality barrel for very near the same money.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Have him try www.sharpshootersupply.com. With the Savages you can mount you own barrel if you know anything about setting the head space, if not it won`t cost much to get someone to screw in the barrel for you and he`ll make you a barrel from anyones blank you want. He uses Douglas most of the time and that`s what`s on the gun he built for me. It`s shooting just under 1/2 moa with what I tried so far, but I didn`t get the gun untill Dec. and have not had any warm weather to play with loads.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New Savage bbl needed?

Give Jim Briggs a call at Northland Shooters Supply a call 763-420-7163. Very nice person to work with and he carries a lot of barrels for Savage rifles.

22 Mag

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Jim would be a good place to start

He has gotten to be the Savage parts man and great to deal with!! Ya know you got Savagitis bad when you got Jims # on speed dial but cant find your phone ,here's his emale addy
Jim Briggs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.