Varmint Hunters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted my first question on the new forum, it took "forever". I can't find my way around like I used to. I know, I am not the "first" one to have "issues" w/ this, but I had to "vent" a little. Hopefully, w/ time, I will come to grips w/ the new forum. You guys have the "best" forum on the internet, just some growing pains to deal with. Rant off. Thank, Russ

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
I just posted my first question on the new forum, it took "forever". I can't find my way around like I used to. I know, I am not the "first" one to have "issues" w/ this, but I had to "vent" a little. Hopefully, w/ time, I will come to grips w/ the new forum. You guys have the "best" forum on the internet, just some growing pains to deal with. Rant off. Thank, Russ
Believe me, I liked the "Threaded" format better too. But, hey! you can almost have that! Click on the User CP in the upper left corner, go down to the display options and select "Threaded". Things will be much better when you click on a thread after that. I really like that feature, as well as all the new "handles" this program has. There was no choice, as far as changing software goes - spilt milk as they say.:rolleyes:

I like you posts, so don't be a stranger!

P.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm getting used to it little by little, now I only look at "New Posts". One day its really slow and the next day its ok. Whats up with that?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Mike and/or John- why..

is this forum so slow? Do we need to upgrade server hardware? If so maybe I can help, my nephew owns a national chain computer store (not the discount houses) and always has a handle on the latest and greatest. PM me if you need contact info.

·
Administrator
1,552 Posts
Server Speed...

We are indeed frustrated with the slow server response and may have to find another provider if this one can't speed things up a bit. Hope to have it resolved soon.

Thanks for your endurance. :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
I love the "new" board, and so do many others.

This is the same software that most message boards are using.

It's much more powerful, is much easier to use once you spend a few minutes figuring it out.

As the other guy said, you can "customize" your view of the posts.

The board has finally moved to something decent.... now just get the classifieds back on the "new board" and it'll all be good!:)

·
Registered
269 Posts
That's just the way she goes.....

The old software was no longer supported and was driving Mike & John crazy. They had no choice but to move on. You'll get used to it and really I now like it better. Hot topics don't get pushed back as quickly as before. And, it seems the chit-chat may have subsided some too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really like the new format. I seldom posted on the old one because I could not figure a way to follow a thread that was interesting (there was prolly a way, but I just never figured it out).

This format is very similar to that used at the 24HourCampfire, where I usually hang out.

Anyway, I thought I'd add my two-cents worth and tell you that I like it a lot.

Steve

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
New aboard

It is different. But the fact you can edit your posts when you make a error alone makes it better than the old format.

·
Registered
243 Posts
A little different angle on this---one man's opinion

First of all, I don't speak for Mike and John----and this is still the good old USA where we have freedom of speech.

Its obvious that the old format's maintenance problems have made that format impractical to continue-----no matter how much some of us like it.

The strength of this board lies in the generally friendly nature of the folks involved, tempered by the efforts of Mike and John. If we're to continue to reap the benefits of this board, we're going to have to adapt to the available software.

Accept it, suck it up and move forward.

I'm concerned that there might be a threshold of annoyance where Mike and John might decide its just not worth it to continue to listen to the bitching and complaining. Let's not overly exercise our freedom of speech and take a chance on pushing them to this limit.

I suggest we cut these guys some slack and support them in their efforts to tune this board for better performance. A faster board will make it more interesting and we can learn how to adept to the new format.

Can this old dog learn some new tricks ? Damn right !

With malice toward none.

A. Weldy

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got to admit I didn't like the new format at first, mostly cause I just don't like change, but now that I am used to it I like it better than the old because a topic of interest doesn't get lost in the back pages. Also really liked the change back to the old classifieds. Guess I am happy with the way things are now.
Barry

·
Registered
488 Posts
It is different but it is a good group of people. I enjoy it tremendously. Yes, I wish it was faster. Whether you like it or not really does not mean too much. It's what we got, and if ya keep coming back, you will have to listen to me every once in a while cause I'll be here. I truely thank everone envolved that makes this board happen!!!!!!!

:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts