Varmint Hunters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a pretty aweseome weapon. Weighs only 13 lbs unloaded. But with all of those 40mm rounds in it, I imagine it must weigh a lot more fully loaded. Reminds me some of the old "Street Sweeper" shotgun that was banned by the ATF.

Still, rapid fire with 40mm grenades would be a blast. Max range is only 400 meters, though, which is a drag.

Here is a photo of a Marine in Iraq armed with one:

Just imagine getting within 400 meters of a prairie dog town, and then raining 40mm grenades down on them. :D

For more info, checkout the web site for the Discovery Channel's FUTURE WEAPONS TV series:

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/future-weapons/weapons/zone2/milkor-m32.html

Lance in Orygun

·
Registered
17 Posts
M32

Lance:

Yes it would be fun to shoot, but not at PD's. You would not know if
you got one or thirty. Or don't you care to see red mist? Or know how
many you got.

Larry

·
Registered
928 Posts
I agree, as much fun as it would be to shoot one of those, I would still opt for a single shot bolt rifle. I guess I am old fashioned, I prefer the boom-pop sound when shooting prairie dogs.
Ken

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I'd be very interested to see how the sight worked (and if it worked). I've used the M203 at about 120yds and the sights were good for maybe hitting a house at that range. With alot of practice I might have been able to hit a car at that range but 200yds would have been a joke. It would really be nice to toss those little apples through windows at 400yds.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Well, it's not an M-79 but I sure hope it's better then

the M203.

And as with any weapon system......practice...practice...practice.

I wonder if they'll bring back canister shot with this system? Fantastic round for clearing out spaces, or underbrush, or Grandpa's outhouse.

·
Registered
840 Posts
and only $30 per shot

http://www.inetres.com/gp/military/infantry/grenade/40mm_ammo.html

Cartridge, 40mm, HEDP, M433

Upon impact, the detonator triggers the spit-back shaped charge and produces a jet blast that detonates the high explosive bursting charge. Detonation of the bursting charge forms an armor-piercing jet of molten metal and fragmentation of the projectile body.

The high explosive dual purpose round can penetrate 2 inches (50 mm) of armorplate, 12 inches (300 mm) of pine logs, 16 inches (400 mm) of concrete blocks, or 20 inches (500 mm) of sandbags at ranges up to 1,312 feet (400 m).

This round has an olive drab aluminum skirt with a steel cup attached, white markings, and a gold ogive.

This item is Code A, approved for service use. This is a training standard item used in both training and combat.

Type Classification Date: 1971. Unit cost: $30 (Fiscal Year 2005).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts